Blank Area on Perspective Mode

Hello all - hoping you can help me out. LVS32 in perspective mode has always had a "blank area" toward the middle of the screen. The blank area is always present no matter which direction I turn the trolling motor. Wondering/thinking I do not have the transducer mounted high enough and the blank area is simply the cone of my trolling motor head but wanted to run it by you all before I make any adjustments. Also, for reference, when the pic was taken, I was on a shallow flat. It's not depth related. Ducer 1.jpgDucer 2.jpg
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

I would try lowering it about 3 inches closer to the motor

The LVS32 can give you a great image in Perspective Mode once you dial it in
    "The handicapped angler"

It is because of the angle of the transducer. To see the black area (closer to you), you would have to angle the transducer down more. Now you can't do that with the stock transducer bracket, so would need an aftermarket one where that angle is adjustable.

You can see in this image the beam is only twenty degrees wide top to bottom. So you only see a sliver of the bottom depending on the water depth. (light blue in the image)

6f80a2b4-6c1a-4549-8d66-b773d30edb6e.jpg

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    It is because of the angle of the transducer. To see the black area (closer to you), you would have to angle the transducer down more. Now you can't do that with the stock transducer bracket, so would need an aftermarket one where that angle is adjustable.

You can see in this image the beam is only twenty degrees wide top to bottom. So you only see a sliver of the bottom depending on the water depth. (light blue in the image)

6f80a2b4-6c1a-4549-8d66-b773d30edb6e.jpg
    This. I used to wonder the same thing until I got a bracket for the transducer that allowed for a full range of angle adjustment in perspective mode. That blank area is just the area where there is no return because the beams are not angled to hit anything to cause a return. I almost flatten mine out in shallow water and get great imaging of logs, see fish swimming in the grass, under lily pads, etc. But perspective mode is only going to show you what that narrow angle of beam hits and returns. So in deeper water, it is just showing you a slice and if that beam isn't at the right angle, you get those blank areas.

I also noted that you are in almost 7 feet of water, so with the transducer at the angle its at, the beams are going to go out some distance before they hit anything for a return, thus leaving you that large blank area closer to the boat. You are getting imaging further out because that is where the beams finally start hitting something for a return. Honestly, and I am only giving my opinion based on my own use of it, but I wouldn't use perspective in 7 feet of water to look "out away" from the boat for that very reason, you just aren't going to see much cause half the beam area is hitting nothing on the way out. I usually use perspective mode either close to the bank or in very shallow, like 3 foot or less, cause that is where I find it most effective at giving me a good picture of what's out there.
    Last edited by Toni; 12-04-2023 at 10:12 PM.

5. Member
    Thanks guys! Any suggestions on aftermarket brackets?
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

Great information. I learned some new stuff today.

Fish Obsessed Dominator mount.