Carbon unit freezing and acting weird

Hi. I have a Carbon 16 in the dash, Live 12, and Carbon 12 at the bow. All linked together. I was out yesterday. I noticed the 16 would freeze up at times, act like map chip wasn't installed, reset itself a few times, performance was just sub par all around. And also noticed, while fishing, the live 12 kept asking if i wanted to use the map chip that is installed on my Carbon. I would hit no, and it would ask again a few minutes later, and also affected the performance of the live 12 while doing so. Then even at a point, it seemed like they weren't linked together. I went to the 16 and tried loading the map from the 12 onto the 16 and it wouldn't show up. I know this all sounds weird and jumbled. I am pretty certain any issue is happening from the Carbon 16. I will add, this boat is new to me, this is the 2nd time I've had it out. It came with the 16. I added the 2 12's. I only use the carbon 12 for AT, but it is still linked together. Ethernet to all units, NMEA to all units and ghost. thanks for any info

2. Scraps
    All units have up to date software? Could try a hard reset on the 16.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    You should also try another ethernet cable. I once had a brand new boat with a bad ethernet cable connecting the console unit to the bow. The observed symptoms were very similar to what you are experiencing. Simply run the new ethernet cable across the deck to see if that fixes your issue prior to pulling it through rigging tubes, etc.

4. Member
    Yes all units are up to date. I was thinking ethernet. but would that cause the freezing issue on the 16 as well? maybe I can unplug the ethernet and see if it freezes or acts up. Will also do a hard reset

5. Member
    And try swapping them around the boat.

6. Member
    Check your voltage.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    Check your voltage.
    I was thinking that. I'm trying to figure out how old the AGM is. But the boat did do another odd thing that was a sign of low voltage. I had a problem on my last boat with voltage, so I know how important that is.

8. Member
    Update. I have narrowed it down to the Live unit being the culprit. I put a new 31 AGM battery in, ran a new Ethernet wire from bow to cockpit units, Downloaded all new updates, did a hard reset on the Live. Still same issues of unit freezing. Losing sharing abilities with mapping and waypoints. Then Carbon would reset. But I changed the ethernet from the bow live 12 to the bow carbon 12. All worked perfect. Can it be something defective in the Live? I know they are compatible to network. My buddy has same exact setup, except a 12 at the console, not a 16.

9. Member
    I have a similar issue.. network keeps connecting and disconnecting on a live unit. Here's my post about it. See if you have the same thing in the networking menu as me.

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1226295
    Chad Snow / Massachusetts
    2007 Ranger Reata 210 - Mercury Optimax 225 (#1B446134) - 12' Talons
    Carbon12’s @ Bow w/ AT- live 12 w/ 3D & live 7 @ Helm

10. Member
    I'll see what mine says when I get home later. I was having this issue before the newest update