Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Drove by crocker today, all the equipment is gone....
    Not a good sign...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

2. Member
    Our fee and tax dollars at work or should I say rest is anybody surprised?
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

I found this on FB and don't know the fellow

I am sending this to my contacts to confirm

Crocker update from parks:
    The geotechnical investigation at the new launch area has been delayed due to the drilling machine breaking a track on another job. I communicated to you that there weren’t proper soil conditions in the new ramp location and that the contractor was going to drill down further to determine the depth needed to reach soils that will support a ramp. Another drill has been located and is scheduled to be on site on May 8, 2023.
    Once a depth is identified, all parties will evaluate the cost to excavate and remove those spoils or to use larger stones as a base, to a depth that would support the ramp, and place smaller stone on top to that to achieve the planned angle of the ramp. The ramp would then be poured on top of the smaller stone. Identifying the depth is needed to be known prior to moving on to one of the options presented. We need to know the tonnage of spoils or rock needed to complete this portion of the project. The other portions of the project are weather dependent. Asphalt plants are beginning to open as it gets warmer, as will the availability to get concrete in large amounts. Asphalt may be delayed, so the ramp can be installed without damaging the new pavement.
    As we move forward, we are hopeful there will be very little delays that push the project back any further. As with most projects completed across the state, there are delays of some sort. We are aware of the tremendous interest in getting this site open and are working to get the job done. We will be making sure that this is done correctly and is sustainable for years to come. I will update you when something substantial takes place. I do not have a firm completion date for this project, due to the unknowns at this time.
    Thanks for your patience,
    "The handicapped angler"

4. Member
    Thanks Roy

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I found this on FB and don't know the fellow

I am sending this to my contacts to confirm
    Thanks for that update.

Just got the confirmation that this information is legit

One thing that wasn’t mentioned is that depending on the results of the drilling if they find that they have to remove a lot of spoils and use a lot of rock fill they may have to go back and find more money causing more delays

Fingers crossed it isn’t that bad

I also have a buddy that lives down the road and he will keep me informed when the drilling equipment shows up
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Member
    Thanks for the update, hoping the ramp opens for business this year.

And the bridge on south river road going to Harley needs to be replaced. Wonder when that will start?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

9. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Just got the confirmation that this information is legit

One thing that wasn’t mentioned is that depending on the results of the drilling if they find that they have to remove a lot of spoils and use a lot of rock fill they may have to go back and find more money causing more delays

Fingers crossed it isn’t that bad

I also have a buddy that lives down the road and he will keep me informed when the drilling equipment shows up

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

10. Member
    Just drove by, 15 to 20 "shirts" on site and a drilling rig at waters edge....at least they are trying to get this going again.

Just drove by, 15 to 20 "shirts" on site and a drilling rig at waters edge....at least they are trying to get this going again.
    At least they are on schedule it is the 8th

Lets hope they find decent ground not too far down
    "The handicapped angler"

Well the rig is gone already not sure if that's a good thing or not
    "The handicapped angler"

13. Member
    I'm guessing it's a bad sign as there is still zero equipment on site.

14. Member
    I saw this posted on Michigan Sportsman before the project started and just have to laugh:

After a long discussion with staff and our due diligence of all factors. This project will close the site until it is completed. It is an small inconvenience to those who use the site, but it will be completed faster and more economically this way. The factors that were considered are:

• Rising cost of materials and a need to stay within budget. Allowing the contractor to have the run of the site will reduce costs and open the site much earlier.
    • Rising cost of equipment rentals. Having to dredge the site, which normally takes two dredges and a permit, leave the closed site most of the spring. There is a cost savings of around $40K. This is the equipment rentals twice a year, trucking of the spoils, and does not include staff time and wages.
    • This will also allow for the installation of the underground utilities and plumbing for the future fish cleaning station.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX
    Mercury 250 4 Stroke

15. Member
    Does anyone know the results of the drilling. As mentioned the equipment not being on site is not a good sign.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Does anyone know the results of the drilling. As mentioned the equipment not being on site is not a good sign.
    I've been asking that very question

They have not released the results yet but they know we are watching and waiting
    "The handicapped angler"

17. Member
    I've been asking that very question

They have not released the results yet but they know we are watching and waiting

Do you have contacts at the DNR or just message or email them for an update ? I'm hoping they release something soon , it would be nice to open that site back up. We have been using 9 Mile in the early spring but like Crocker when the Canadian side opens too. The ride from Harley is absolute misery in late June July and August,
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro

LOL not sure they would even answer a message from me I haven’t had the best relationship with the DNR

So forgive me if I don’t out my contact

I will say he has not be very optimistic about the site opening this year but as he says anything is possible
    "The handicapped angler"

19. Member
    LOL not sure they would even answer a message from me I haven’t had the best relationship with the DNR

So forgive me if I don’t out my contact

I will say he has not be very optimistic about the site opening this year but as he says anything is possible
    Completely understand - thanks for the info and keep updating those of us "in the dark" .

It's a shame the bleeped this up like they did. At this point my best guess is cut their losses and sell the property and walk away from that train wreck.
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL321 View Post
    Completely understand - thanks for the info and keep updating those of us "in the dark" .

It's a shame the bleeped this up like they did. At this point my best guess is cut their losses and sell the property and walk away from that train wreck.
    That would be a huge loss, but it does seem like the site presents one problem after another.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast