Pantera IV set up

I will soon be making some up grades my 2007 Pantera 4. I will be swapping out 3 27 size group trolling motor(currently36v) batteries and 31 size cranking battery. I will be replacing them with either 1 24v or 2 12v lithium batteries. I will also be replacing the cranking battery with a lithium as well. Moving from a Minn Kota Maxxum Pro trolling motor(36v) to a Lowrance Pro(24v). I know there will be a significance weight difference in the bilge. Will the difference in weight be enough, where a change will be needed in the motor height set up from where it is now?
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

from what I am reading. yes. especially with the under seat tanks like in the p4. I have read lots of guys see the top end performance come back with a 1/2" to 3/4" drop in motor height. others also require a different prop.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

I have a Cougar and after replacing my lead acids with lithium had to drop my jackplate. Prolly 3/4”.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

4. Member
    Yes you'll have to drop it a little, I've got a P4 that came with AGMs and I switched to 3 x 50amp Ionics and a 125amp Ionic. I've got a hydraulic and kind of go by feel but with AGMs it'd run best with the JP gauge one light over 3 and then it was best one or two lights under 3 now that I've added Raptors it's 3 even. Not sure about prop to pad because I've never measured it, just go by feel.

May need 2 more in setback as well
    Last edited by lpugh; 04-22-2023 at 09:02 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    After my first trip on the water last week this is what I have noticed so far. Bow of the boat sets much lower to the water line due to less weight in bilge area. I took several waves throughout the day from wake boats while on the trolling motor. Water did not come over the boat but it did come over the rub rail for a large length of the boat. When I got ready to leave there was water in both rod boxes and a good amount in the bilge. I did not have any splash over the back of the boat so I assume the water in bilge was from the rub rail going underwater. I normally only use the belly tank so the boat would sit flat in the water. I'm going to fill up both saddle tanks and finish running the fuel from the belly tank. The fuel weight in the back should bring the bow up some. Hole shot was phenomenal. I don't know what effect it had on speed as the wind was blowing by mid morning so I never got to open it up. When I had the lithium's installed I had the motor dropped down to a 1/4 inch above flush with the inner and outer plates. I'm planning on being on the water Thursday to see what differences these changes have made.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710