Any light trailerable recreational boat - KY Wildlife

What kind of boat does this include? Would a 19’ fiberglass bass boat be considered a light trailerable recreational boat?

Sorry, just moved here from Texas and a lot of lakes in KY have this description. Thanks for any help you can provide. Assume if it is paved boat ramp, then it’s probably fine to launch my boat, but thought I’d check in with all you guys on here.

Tight lines and thanks again.

2. Member
    Not exactly sure of the question but yes any fishing boat would be in this classification. Some lakes do have electric only restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by TXDonkeyHunter View Post
    What kind of boat does this include? Would a 19’ fiberglass bass boat be considered a light trailerable recreational boat?

Sorry, just moved here from Texas and a lot of lakes in KY have this description. Thanks for any help you can provide. Assume if it is paved boat ramp, then it’s probably fine to launch my boat, but thought I’d check in with all you guys on here.

Tight lines and thanks again.
    I've seen this before in the KDFW website...out of curiosity I went and looked up the list to all the boat ramps on my home lake (Green River Lake). For the most part it is correct however they do have one mistake on the list. They list Ramp#1 as *any light trailerable recreational boat* when it should be listed as any trailerable recitational boat. Ramp #1 is 4 lanes wide and has 100 + parking spaces. Heck I have seen house boat unloaded at that ramp. In fact I would say its the biggest ramp and most used ramp on the lake and its definitely above the class of ramp they have it listed as.

For example they list Lone Valley, State Park Marina and Holmes Bend as any recreational boat. They all have ramps that are multiple lanes wide and huge parking areas. You could unload a House boat at those 3 ramps. They list Butler Creek, Snake Creek and Arnolds Landing as any light recreational boat. You can unload a 21ft bass boat at those ramps but parking and turn around area is limited. My advise is whatever ramp your wanting to use simply look at it on google earth. An aerial view of the layout should give you an idea if you can unload your boat there.

https://app.fw.ky.gov/fisheries/Wate...il.aspx?wid=73

In the above link once you open it scroll down to see the boat ramps. I have it set for my local lake. If wanting to know about another lake just change the lake buy clicking on waterbodies.
    Last edited by JR19; 04-16-2023 at 05:39 PM.

4. Member
    Thanks all. Very helpful