Thread: Massasecum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Clement is in full swing. Temp around 62 iirc. Fish in all phases of the spawn, nothing going on my offshore stuff at all. Got a couple on a jig and jerkbait before committing to the Rapala in <3', and boating another 25 or so. Biggest Larry about #3, got 2 Sallys topped by a #2.5.

Nice job.
    I'm going to have to stop reading these until after the spawn.
    I've had a horrible start to the year.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TMG View Post
    I've had a horrible start to the year.
    Sorry that's happening:( I'm lucky to have the time this year to stay with them a little.

4. Member
    Spotted this from 100 yds off, on Massasecum - was a little concerned until I hustled over there. Appears to be a 20' sailcraf.
    20230523_175316.jpg

That orange buoy (or one like it) was in that general area (a few hundred feet offshore, in 20') three weeks ago, when the lake level was up 2'-3'. Maybe it floated it's mooring? I checked it out then, but there was no boat.

Regardless, life there goes on - the bass are spawning, some are biting and the eagle keeps watch.

5. Member
    What a weekend for numbers!

Started out Friday PM on a small local lake. Figured out on the first cast that they would eat a spinnerbait on rock banks in 3'-4' and sacked 30 in 2.5 hours.

Fished Island on Saturday and couldn't get bit on the usual rocky flats or rockpiles. Put the TM in 4WD and headed shallow. Caught somewhere around 20 - all on the Fluke, none deeper than 2'.

Headed to Halfmoon/Ashuelot Sunday. Cruised the flats with a Fluke and picked up 8 or 10. Switched to the spinnerbait on rock banks and boated another dozen. The SB fish averaged close to a pound more. Also caught around 40 linear feet of Pickerel.

Put in at Highland Sunday around 10:30. Played around in the backs of pockets, picked up a few - but the real damage (and reel damage... see below) came on mainlake points and treetop/laydowns. Conservatively, I put 50 in the boat - all but a couple over 1.5#. Every fish came on a Fluke again. When a little deeper, or the wind was up, I was adding about 3/8" of a nail weight. Water was close to 70, figured the spawn might be winding down, but every fish was super fat. Big fish for the day was a 4.35 LM.

I saw a few fish on beds in all places, but didn't target any. Oddly, hardly any dinks - a few on Halfmoon and Highland, but it was 12" or better 90 of the time.

zzzbaby.jpg

Nice job you're off to a pretty good start for the year.
    Glad you're getting out there.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

7. Moderator
    Sounds like a good weekend .

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plbass View Post
    Sounds like a good weekend .
    Probably the best run I've had. Going to try to get to Newfound on Saturday and repeat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12