4/15 report Big’s are biting!

So got on the water 7:30, would have been earlier but I feel back asleep on the couch after breakfast lol.. best bait today was the spinner bait by far. Jig and chatter worked as well. Best 5 was almost over 20lb. About 12:30 the rain came and man did it rain!! Glad I have good rain gear. Seemed to me in this lake the fish are moving up closer to the bank. Still in 4/5ft of water. There was a few on deeper brush. There’s no rock piles in this lake or they would probably be on them. Will see May get out tomorrow afternoon??? Once I got the boat in the garage and things opened up to start drying I bet a cold front came in and the temp dropped 10* 🥶
    IMG_2673.jpeg
    IMG_2676.jpeg
    IMG_2674.jpeg

2. Member
    Damnnn!!

3. Member
    What’d that big one weight!?!?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    What’d that big one weight!?!?
    5.88 Wished it would have pushed over the 6lb. That’s the magic number I’m looking for. In south west Iowa a 6lb fish is like a 10 or maybe a 13 down south LOL. Thinking are fishing good right now. Although right now it’s Sunday at 6:30am and the feels like temp is 22* outside �� the next 7-day forecast looks cooler….might slow them a bit??

5. Member
    Nice fish! That looks every bit of pushing 6 pounds!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    Nice fish! That looks every bit of pushing 6 pounds!
    Thank you it was close! Hopefully this Saturday I can catch her again and she will weigh over 6lb. I was hoping for better weather forecast but it is what it is.

7. Member
    Agreed! 6lb fish in NE and IA might as well be the equivalent of a 10lber. 2 years ago,I got 2 in one day in a tournament no less. Unreal day and totally unexpected being my first time on the lake. 33DEBA79-2D03-452A-9A6E-780BD7B4B325.jpeg

8. Member
    Those are really good bass!!NEbass97 hopefully you made some cash with those fish.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    Those are really good bass!!NEbass97 hopefully you made some cash with those fish.
    Believe it or not, I didn’t ��. Big bass was 6.5lbs, mine were both about 6.25lbs and didn’t even make top 3 bc I couldn’t find enough to fill out my limit. Weird day that was, the bigs were biting, but not many of them.