Anyone around New Athens?

Hi everyone,

Has been years but I used to fish the Kaskaskia quite a bit. I’m currently breaking in a rebuilt motor, my local lake has a 55 mph speed limit which I’m past so needing to go somewhere just to run to finish the break-in. Have 5 hours left to go so the River came to mind because I can just run a while one direction then turnaround and repeat that cycle.

So my question is how’s the river from New Athens down to the coal barges (if any of the old barges are still there)? Still wide open? If anyone knows I would appreciate it?

Thanks!
    Willie

2. Member
    The river level looks normal. With the recent rains probably some floating debris. There are some no wake zones going south from New Athens at the coal barge area and
    again at the Baldwin Lake pumps area and bridge abutments immediately following. Below there I am not sure of the no wake zones.

Roach

I have some property along the river south of new Athens. As mentioned above right now I would be somewhat concerned of floating wood. The Asian carp are also thick. The ramp at new Athens is in poor shape. I would go to Carlyle if I was you
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois