In search of Coral 202

As title suggests, I’m looking for a Viper Coral 202. I have cash in hand located in Indiana. I am not scared of a carpet job or some minor work as long as the hull and motor are in good shape. Would like to find one that has all the seat, doesn’t have to have the lounge pads. The couple I have found for sale the owners are not very responsive to questions and getting me pictures. I would like to have a good feeling about boat before I make a 15 hour road trip to go look at it.

I wish you the best of luck. We love our 202 and I haven't really seen a design that I would prefer. That said, they are getting few and far between and many of us that have them are holding on to them. Hope you find one.

3. Member
    Sorry for the random question, but can you tell me what tire size came on the stock Coral double axle trailer?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RTSinDallas View Post
    Sorry for the random question, but can you tell me what tire size came on the stock Coral double axle trailer?
    215 75 r 14 1997 coral stock trailer

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTexasBoy View Post
    As title suggests, I’m looking for a Viper Coral 202. I have cash in hand located in Indiana. I am not scared of a carpet job or some minor work as long as the hull and motor are in good shape. Would like to find one that has all the seat, doesn’t have to have the lounge pads. The couple I have found for sale the owners are not very responsive to questions and getting me pictures. I would like to have a good feeling about boat before I make a 15 hour road trip to go look at it.
    took me 2 years to find mine

6. Member
    If you get a Coral 202 with red and gray upholstery and need lounge pads, I have a lounge pads and gunnel pads that I will sell cheap. I removed my gunnel pads to give me six inches more bow area width for fishing.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

7. Member
    Good Luck, I owned a 2000 Coral 202 Merc 225EFI from 2004 until around 2014. I sold it when my girls moved out and I got a 21' 250hp bass boat. I still miss my Coral when the wife goes out with me or the grandkids. I can testify that they are fantastic boats, the best fish and ski ever made. My advice is to make sure the transom is solid if you find one. I also added a 6" manual jack plate to mine and the performance really came alive. I ran a 25P Merc Tempest 3 blade. I did family trips and I bass fished out of it. In a bass tournament I never felt at a disadvantage performance wise. Only the guys in the hot rod boats with 250's could run away from me and I could run away from all the 200 hp and down boats except a Pantera II with a 200. Those are hot rods! Again, good luck on your search.

8. Member

9. Member
    OP, as a 23 year owner of a 202, I can safely say, EVERY time I look at my boat I can't help but love the way it looks. My wife likes it even more than me, which is how I talked her into a new Garmin setup with LiveScope and Force trolling motor. The lines are absolutely timeless. Good luck with your search.

10. Member
    24 hour drive so I could test drive mine in '06. Upgraded motor in '16. My little girls are all grown up now, ex wife, new career but I still have my Coral. Optional Bimini top for those days and that windshield has kept me dry many times. Jump on the deck and have true full rod lockers to pull out muskie rods or a dropper. I wish you luck on your search. I am biased, of course, but I have a bass boat with a full windshield and that is a keeper. I see some in Utah every now and then, I'll keep an eye out.
    2000 Viper Coral 202/225 Pro Xs
    Ghost, HDS Lives, etc, etc.