Thread: Grand LaKe

Grand LaKe

Visiting my daughter in Collinsville next week and thinking about fishing Grand. Is the spawn going on now or they in pre spawn or post spawn? Any idea what water temp. is now? Appreciate any info. I live in the Texas panhandle.

Some stage of the spawn. I heard 64ish but not sure
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

3. Member
    We had water close to 70 degrees yesterday afternoon. I didn’t see any beds. Everything we caught was still pre spawn.

4. Member
    If you are near Grand...you need to go fish it...fish are pushing back toward shallows & will be great for next few weeks.

I grew up fishing Grand. I would guess spawn is close to full swing right now. Will prolly continue through the month of May. That lake gets crazy good in June during post spawn. For now, go find good looking spawning pockets, cast bait just to where it is not visible, and leave it sit, 4-5ft deep. The biggens are there staring at it and will eventually bite it. Very, very slow is the key and you gotta have confidence when you're visualizing where bed is. This time of year can be tough when most of the fish are making babies. Do you like to be bothered when you're making babies?
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

Fished Grand last Friday and Saturday. Caught them on wacky rigs and small jigs in coves. Water temp was 62-67 mid lake. Fish bit pretty good and they were in pre spawn and spawn phase from what I could tell.