Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why you must NEVER EVER buy Nitro or anything made by White River Marine

​mike boat 2.JPGMikes boat.JPG
    Here is why you should never buy Nitro made boats, This boat is a 2020 Z21 Pro Series boat that cost 70k fully loaded, If I were to list all the problems I have had with this boat, there would not be enough room on this page to list it, so I am only going to list one the is very very IMPORTANT to any Nitro bass boat owner or anyone considering buying one!! Earlier this year I was having a Hydraulic Pump replaced on my Jackplate when the Mechanic to off my trim piece and Notice a Monster Crack and separation on my transom. So I immediately took to my nearest Bass Pro Center which I will leave the name out because they did not have any say in the decision making process of warrantying the boat,,,,,SO here the verdict,,,the warranty department DENIED my warranty claim because they said the aftermarket Transom saver I was using for the past 2 1/2 months caused the damage!!!! that's right a aftermarket transom saver caused 9k in damage!!!! Now keep in mind I contacted the manufacture of the aftermarket transom saver and told him of their claim and he was in SHOCK!! Especially since this manufacture was in close contact with the Nitro Warranty department during the development of this aftermarket transom saver!!! This is the most obscured excuse I have ever heard of a Denial of Claim in my life time of owning Nitro boats for over 30 years Upgrading every 5..So now the 9K will have to come out of my own pocket to fix the boat!!!! Let me repeat the Nitro Warranty Department DENIED my claim of over 9K in damage on my boat because of a aftermarket transom saver they are blaming that caused this damage!!!! I know anyone reading this knows better then to believe a Transom savor being used for 2 months would cause this damage!!!! again I cant list every issue I have had because its a long list,,,but I felt this was important enough to get out there for guys Running aftermarket transom savers on theirs boats now!! Beware!!!! I also am not giving the name brand of the aftermarket Transom saver ,because I don't want to give them a bad reputation for something so Ludacris and to Nitro's Claims that their product damaged my boat!! NEVER BUY NITRO !!!!

UPDATE !! UPDATE !! AFTER 5 DAYS OF BATTLE WHITE RIVER MARINE IS GOING TO COVER THE REPAIR UNDER WARRANTY!!! ALWAYS FIGHT FOR WHATS RIGHT !!!!
    Last edited by rhinopro; 04-18-2023 at 10:50 AM. Reason: update

2. Member
    Pretty sure you can win this one, may need to lawyer up. Every manufacturer( Ram, Ford, Nitro, forest river) has done something stupid in denying a repair, be loud, vocal and visible( social media). Go up the food chain. By all means they are not saving transoms they are saving motors.. Transom saver is a BS statement and the one they provide just mars your lower unit( which they wont fix) and sends all the trailer shock to the motor and transom.. There is way more pressure on the transom pushing the boat up and out of the water then any road jarring will ever create.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

3. Member
    Yes i am going to lawyer up for sure,,,however I have a major new sponsor this year boat was just wrapped and with the tournaments about to start with thousands in prize money I cannot wait until a judge made a decision, so I will have to pay for it now and recoup my money PLUS more in court at a later date,,,,just wanted Nitro owners to beware and get the word out about this bullshit excuse!!

Look at KVDs and Edwins Evers 2023 boat walk through videos. They both show aftermarket motor supports.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    Take them to court, they can't legally deny your warranty claim unless they can prove that the transom saver caused that, which we all know isn't true.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this...but does this mean all the rest of us have to immediately get rid of our boats? and NEVER EVER buy another Nitro? Man! Where were you 17 years ago when I bought my first one, or 7 years ago when I got this one?
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

7. Member
    Hey I have paid over 300k buying Nitro boats in the past 30 years ,,having issue with all of them , but have always been a Nitro supporter,, but when you blatantly use a lame ass excuse not to warranty a boat with 9k In damage cause by a Aftermarket Motor Toter that had only been used for 2 months,,, all proven with receipts,,, YES ITS Time to move on to other boat manufacturers,,, that’s so easy to say when it doesn’t happen to you !! And I am not telling you to get rid of you boats ,,, which I am going to do myself,,,, I am passing information to you guys running with aftermarket motor toters what to expect if you have any type of transom fiberglass issues!!
    Last edited by rhinopro; 04-13-2023 at 08:22 PM.

8. Member
    Yes I was using the same Motor Toter as KVD and Edwin Evers the CEO of the motor Toter Manufacture told me the same thing that they are using his product as well>>>>

9. Member
    any boat mfg will use any excuse to get out of a warranty repair. No way they can prove the toter caused that damage, no way.

300K in boats...wow !
    Best of luck on suing em.

22R

Allison XB2002 / Merc 150 XR6

Saying "never ever" is hard for the majority that have not had issues like this. I know this sucks, hopefully u can get this to a good conclusion.

I don't even want to think what I have spent total. 300k is in the neighborhood of 5 boats using an avg of 60k.
    Last edited by BMCD; 04-14-2023 at 10:07 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Saying "never ever" is hard for the majority that have not had issues like this. I know this sucks, hopefully u can get this to a good conclusion.

I don't even want to think what I have spent total. 300k is in the neighborhood of 5 boats using an avg of 60k.
    And never getting a penny on trade in. Using this math i have owned 2 million dollars of vehicles and have only made 600k in my life.

13. Member
    Yes Bryan started with a 17ft tracker, then 17 ft fiberglass nitro,,then nitro 882, nitro savage 896,, then 929, then 911 CDC , then Z9,,and finally Z21 Pro Packaged to the gills,,,always had typical problems, no biggie goes with the territory of boat ownership,,,taking immaculate care of all boats,,,,but this is the final straw , when I brought the boat in and they denied my claim and wanted proof of pictures of me with the factory toter on travel and provide a receipt that I have only owned the aftermarket toter for 2 months,,,I provided everything they asked for but they still are denying my claim because I used the aftermarket motor toter for 2 months!! and I know your smart enough to know that did not cause that kind of damage to my boat you have heard and seen a lot of things and I know you cant believe that aftermarket toter caused that damage.

I hope is you can get to a good conclusion on this matter. To be clear I have not stated anything one way or the other.

Did they point you to where this statement is in the Nitro documentation?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

15. Member
    No they didn’t , and Bryan I understand you can say anything against nitro I appreciate that. There is a lot of money on the table this year that I can not miss the opportunity to fish for instead of taking months to sue nitro over , that’s for another day , I will pay for it now and look to recoup later from nitro through legal , I first have to pay for the work and look for an attorney in Missouri near white river marine headquarters.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinopro View Post
    No they didn’t , and Bryan I understand you can say anything against nitro I appreciate that. There is a lot of money on the table this year that I can not miss the opportunity to fish for instead of taking months to sue nitro over , that’s for another day , I will pay for it now and look to recoup later from nitro through legal , I first have to pay for the work and look for an attorney in Missouri near white river marine headquarters.
    Feel for you man, nitro is definitely doing you dirty here. At the end of the day, I don’t have many regrets getting my nitro, but trying to get help from WMRG is damn near impossible. Just piss poor customer service.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

17. Member
    let me add best I can 17ft TX 12k , 17 Ft NX 18k , Nitro 882 20K ,,nitro savage 896 28k, nitro 929 30K , nitro 911 CDC 37K, nitro Z9 50K and nitro Z21Pro 71K, so approx $265,000 in nitro's or tracker boats,,sorry I was a little off,, lol

18. Member
    you need to get another bid on the repair getting on the net an bashing folks doesnt get the outcome that it used to .

Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    you need to get another bid on the repair getting on the net an bashing folks doesnt get the outcome that it used to .
    I'd agree with that, prolly not the best way to handle it. I understand the frustration though.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

20. Member
    The transom saver that comes standard with the boat new wore paint off my lower unit on both sides and was chipping it. Not sure if there was an adjustment to be made but I didn’t deal just went aftermarket like most guys I know. I’m sorry to hear this man. Good luck
    2019 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS 4S
    9 10s 12in Birds 360 SeaClear BBTs
    EchoUltra 1222 Lvs34 LiveFoot amped out
    10ft Talons 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    Atlas Hydraulic Mtech Lithiums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast