Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    UPDATE !! UPDATE !! AFTER 5 DAYS OF BATTLE WHITE RIVER MARINE IS GOING TO COVER THE REPAIR UNDER WARRANTY!!! ALWAYS FIGHT FOR WHATS RIGHT !!!![/QUOTE]

Good to hear they are going to fix your boat!

Glad to hear it.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    So can we buy a nitro again?

4. Member
    Good for you. I'm on my 3rd WRM boat and these stories are a bit scary. I've had 2 Nitro's and now a Triton and so far only had a couple of minor claims. I have a feeling a good dealer is your best friend when it comes to warranty issues. Hope they fix it right and quickly.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

2022 Z18 87 hours on it now...had 8 Skeeters over 42 years:
    My carpet in the rod box hanging and re-glued no charge...original crank went bad and left me 2x before was replaced under warranty...
    2 days ago Jplate stuck all the way up in a T and had to go 15mph for 20 plus miles to get to weigh in time...
    so was 6th IMHO due to that loss of 1 hour 45 minutes...new actuator $502 under warranty and will be reimbursed $488 when dealer swaps it out...shipping date May 29th which I hope to speed up!

Quality control is EVERYTHING ...so I understand the rage...especially for boats over $30k...my little Z18 rig was $56k with upgraded Lowrances & AT.
    My last Skeeter was a 225 and the warranty replaced BOTH the troll foot board and charger in the first 6 months! Powerhead blew at about 750 hours but was under my 6 year warranty...after 4 months they said nobody knows when I would get one!
    So I ran to get this new Nitro in trade so could fish and was pleased with engine so far and hole shot, mpg...I hope my bass brothers are not having serious or multiple issues...
    Ghost troll super but issue with thin troll blades last (1/3) so on my 3rd troll prop plus bought 3 spares at $50 a pop...then was told MK makes a tougher troll blade for Ghost...why can't Lowrance use them at the factory?

Seniors are trying to get in all the fishing they can after retirement and this is what QC is now?
    (I use the $110 small metal transom saver.)

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

6. Member
    I hope you get made whole on this one. I'm not a rocket scientist, but I think the torque a 250 HP Mercury puts on the transom while running WFO should be a heck of a lot more than what a few bumps on the freeway can deliver. Maybe an engineer at Nitro can explain the physics to us on how the transom saver would cause the transom to crack...
    Last edited by blacknitro; 05-26-2023 at 04:11 PM.
    2000 Bass Cat Classic
    2004 Optimax S/N: 0T795443

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12