2021 Z-18 Livewell question

Does anyone know where you can get operating instructions for a Z-18 livewell? I would like to find out what each function does and when I should use it. For example, manual vs. auto. I use mine weekly. I just don't know if I am using the right function at the right time.

2. Member
    Check in your operators manual.
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

3. Member
    So there are a couple ways to run a z18 live well. I have a z18 myself and this is what I have done and it has worked fine. First thing is you need to put the plug in the bottom of the LW. If you’re in a bass tournament I would wait till you have your first keeper then turn your aerator on manual (it will run all the time) till it is full. Then turn it to auto, this will let the aerator run and fill for 10/15ish seconds then it shuts off for a couple minutes then back on for 10/15sec. Some guy’s will run it on manual all day if they have a good battery. Another option is fill it full then shut off the aerator and turn on the recirculator make sure the red water valve is pushed in or all your water will pump out. Turn it to auto and it will re-circulate for 10/15sec then it shuts off for few minutes then back on for 10/15 sec then off….. I think those are the main too ways. For tournaments I would probably do the first one, it keeps fresher lake water in. The second might not keep 5 big bass as healthy….. but the second works better with ice and g-juice because you’re not always adding lake water. I would recommend a aftermarket bubbler from TH marine to put more air in the water.

One thing I’ll do a lot is put water in from my house (we have well water not city) before I go fishing and if I catch a big fish and want a picture I’ll put it in the live well till I get everything ready then get him out for the picture take it then let it go. Using natural well water (no chlorine or chemicals) keeps my live well much cleaner and not as smelly ect.

4. Member
    Thanks Redog. I have inadvertently been doing option 2. I just wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly.

5. Member
    No problem. If you’re going to fill the live well full of water and then just re-circulate the water over and over I would highly recommended a fish additive…. That would be in a tournament environment. If your fishing for supper than it really doesn’t matter.

Z18: May 4th very early 5# bass inhaled crank deeply… all I could do to get it out… many drops of blood…
    but manual aerator and a pint of hydrogen peroxide in 2 doses saved her from 7:30-2:30!!! btw, I had another 5# plus a 2# in the other side of the well so quite pleased… water temp 75 and air the same by 11am or so… hydrogen peroxide is $1 a quart… helped me for years. 6th place of 42 boats and $70….12.19#…

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

7. Member
    I always keep a mt Dew or sprite in the boat for bleeding fish if you poor that on the bleeding area it will help stop the bleeding as well. I’ll even do that to fish I let go. I want to keep all fish healthy.