Motorcycle trailers

Wanted to see who on here has set up an enclosed trailer to haul bikes? Just picked up a 16' enclosed trailer used and was looking at the biker bars for holding the bikes.
    also was going to go with LED lights inside off a battery with a solar panel on the roof for charging if I can find how to set that up.
    If you have set one up, what was the best addition? How did you tie your bikes down? Favorite front tire support? D-Rings or lock strips?

I bought the cheap front tire supports from Harbor freight to use on my open trailer. Cut/split some old garden hose to put on them to help protect anything that might rub. I don't keep them on there all of the time. I actually just set my wide stance floor model on the trailer deck the other day when I loaded the bike to take to shop and have some work done. It worked well as its only real job is to hold the bike up while you strap it down. Plenty of LED and solar charger options on Amazon. I have a charger/battery and LED tape lights in my shed. Look for a Battery Tender brand solar charger if you can. Have hade the on on my shed for about 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeet'r89 View Post
    I bought the cheap front tire supports from Harbor freight to use on my open trailer. Cut/split some old garden hose to put on them to help protect anything that might rub. I don't keep them on there all of the time. I actually just set my wide stance floor model on the trailer deck the other day when I loaded the bike to take to shop and have some work done. It worked well as its only real job is to hold the bike up while you strap it down. Plenty of LED and solar charger options on Amazon. I have a charger/battery and LED tape lights in my shed. Look for a Battery Tender brand solar charger if you can. Have hade the on on my shed for about 3-4 years.
    Didn't know they made one. I will look for it, Thanks !

Last edited by downtheroadAR; 04-17-2023 at 06:59 AM.

2023 Black Tracker Pro 170 50 HP

5. Member
    what size bike? You may not always be level when loading and unloading the bike.

Wheeldock for a bagger, thru bolt rings. I also added tracks in the trailer, and a cabinet in the front for cloths, equipment and tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    what size bike? You may not always be level when loading and unloading the bike.

Wheeldock for a bagger, thru bolt rings. I also added tracks in the trailer, and a cabinet in the front for cloths, equipment and tools.
    Ultra classic and a street glide. Might even have a road glide in there too when needed.

Has anyone tried the Biker Bar? ton of good reviews but I just can't get over the price.

Biker Bar | B&W Trailer Hitches (bwtrailerhitches.com)

That looks interesting. Be quick too.

2023 Black Tracker Pro 170 50 HP

8. Member
    I use a inclosed to tow , I also have an open , I bought the bars and d rings from hobo freight. The inclosed is great for bike storage when not in use.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO

9. Member
    I used the Biker Bar when i had my trailer works awesome & wouldn't use anything else ever again. Had 4 in the trailer..1 Ultra, 1 Street Glide, 1 Fat Boy and a Switchback...all stayed put over many miles and multiple trips.

10. Member
    I just put tie down loops in the floor and hooked the footpegs in them with tie straps, as far as solar lights. Depends on how much you want to spend. A battery charge controller and a panel will get you lights. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.