Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Bitters bait bulk bags $35 poured by same plastic company that shoots gambler basically same bait in my opinion

2. Member
    deleted
    Last edited by SPOONMINNOW; 12-10-2023 at 10:44 AM.

3. Member
    I use finesse worms for the extra action (and bites!), and because 90% or more of people use stick worms. I'll typically throw them flick-shake style with a 1/16 or 1/32 jig head. Netbait t-mac, zman finesse, zoom finesse, zoom swamp crawler.

4. Member
    GY $7.50 < YUM dingers $2.99 easy choice for me

I just haven’t found anything that works as well as the Yamamoto Senko for wacky rigging. 5” green pumpkin with blue flake is my go to.

2010 Nitro Z7
    Mercury Optimax 150
    Garmin 106SV(bow), 106SV(console)
    Cayuta Creek Outdoors
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3...UvSxaeLpzFyYHA

6. Member
    What I find interesting, and the reason I posed the question, is that a lot of anglers view stick baits from a cost standpoint. That tells me that most anglers believe that a stick bait is a stick bait and that the application of wishing a wacky rig just requires a 5" ish bait shaped like a worm will do. Like many have said, GY Senkos are expensive and the alternative is to go with something much less expensive without a concern for changing the number of bites one gets. I have been a GY Senko wacky rig guy, with decent results, but I am definitely going to put to test cheaper alternatives to see if it changes the number of bites I get while on the water (my wife will be my control variable, as she will NEVER stop fishing GY senkos).

7. Member
    Bass Pro shops Stik-O.....Believe it!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    They are very good

9. Scraps
    Bin usin' a Zoom Fat Finesse the last two seasons. Like it as a neko too.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Scraps
    I like the colors and that I can get the Yum Dingers at Dick's. But, they don't weigh nearly as much as a senko so have to be weighted. Using them unweighted is nearly impossible for me - reading this I just realized I have some RI pocket rockets and the Missile .48 baits to try.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I like the colors and that I can get the Yum Dingers at Dick's. But, they don't weigh nearly as much as a senko so have to be weighted. Using them unweighted is nearly impossible for me - reading this I just realized I have some RI pocket rockets and the Missile .48 baits to try.
    Let me know how you make out with the reaction innovations pocket rocket. I just picked up a pack of the paid color to try as I do like the green pumpkin blue color combination. I'm also a huge missile baits fan so let me know how you make out with a 48.

12. Member
    YUM Dingers or eBay Knockoffs when I’m fun fishing. Senkos or Maxscent Generals for tourney day and practice. I will trying out the VMC crossover rings this year so that might change.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    What is it you like about the BP Sticko? Edwin Evers and Ott Defoe fish them, so they have to work, right?? :-)

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    What is it you like about the BP Sticko? Edwin Evers and Ott Defoe fish them, so they have to work, right?? :-)
    I use them as well, they are pretty close to the Senko but a little bit stiffer which also makes them last longer. The Zoom Zlinky is between the Senko and Stick O. I also used the Yum Dingers for years but they are lighter.

15. Member
    Riley, north, central, south, east or western Maine??
    Farmingdale, it is between Augusta & Gardiner.

Regards,
    Riley

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley-Maine View Post
    Farmingdale, it is between Augusta & Gardiner.

Regards,
    Riley
    I know exactly where farmingdale is. I'm up in the Bangor area. Pretty much do all my fishing north and east of Bangor. Small world. Things are just starting to get rolling in central Maine. Tight lines.

GY senkos are still unique. I've tried off brands but they don't sink like a GY. The original Wacky Worm that Wal Mart use to sell was pretty good in shallow water. I jus bought a bag of Mayo baits but haven't used them much yet. They will get a workout soon.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

What I find interesting, and the reason I posed the question, is that a lot of anglers view stick baits from a cost standpoint. That tells me that most anglers believe that a stick bait is a stick bait and that the application of wishing a wacky rig just requires a 5" ish bait shaped like a worm will do. Like many have said, GY Senkos are expensive and the alternative is to go with something much less expensive without a concern for changing the number of bites one gets. I have been a GY Senko wacky rig guy, with decent results, but I am definitely going to put to test cheaper alternatives to see if it changes the number of bites I get while on the water (my wife will be my control variable, as she will NEVER stop fishing GY senkos).
    Everyone has a confidence bait. You're right your wife may never change. My confidence bait is a Rocky Ledge spinnerbait. Jim makes them in Pittsfield NH. I don't buy any other spinnerbait.
    As you stated you are going to try the alternative which will be more cost effective for sure.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

19. Member

• I'll heat the flat end with a lighter to round it off. I use a 5/16" clear vinyl tubing slice as an O ring and a size 1 hook. I got a $ payout envelope right here on the coffee table that says it works. It is 100% a do-nothing bait.

Daiwa Yamamoto Neko Fat 4 Black w/Blue Flake

Yamamoto Senko, Zoom Trick Worm or 6th Sense Clout
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast