Can I use the MotorGuide Tour Pro without the remote ever being linked?

I just installed a MotorGuide Tour Pro 36v 45 inch trolling motor only to find out the remote had a leaking battery that ruined the remote electrical board making the remote inoperable. I know that I can use the trolling motor foot pedal cable steer without the remote, but can I use the anchor(spotlock) without the remote ever being linked? Will the anchor mode set itself up on the water when I press the anchor mode on the pedal while on the water? I want to go fishing early tomorrow and Mercury/MotorGuide is already closed. Thanks for your help.

2. Member
    I think you can, I have a MG Xi5 tho.
    Check your manual.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

3. Member
    You need a remote to perform the alignment and compass calibration. Anchor lock and the other features will work without the remote but without these calibrations it might act stupid.

4. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody b View Post
    You need a remote to perform the alignment and compass calibration. Anchor lock and the other features will work without the remote but without these calibrations it might act stupid.
    Correct
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...