Over age 60 required viewing

CBS 2HR special Grammy Salute to The Beach Boys tonight 8ET/PT. They had a great live show back in the day. Saw them at the Spectrum & Charleston WV In early 70’s. This show is mostly covers be other performers. John Stamos is a lock to be there!
    Last edited by drainplug; 04-09-2023 at 03:56 PM.
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    I saw them back in the 80’s in Daytona. They put on a pretty good show.

Late 60's at Fulton county stadium . Always a fan .

4. Member
    I’ve seen them plenty over the years. We went and seen them last month here in St.Aug and they were still good. Mike Love is 81 or 82 now.

5. Member
    Mom was always a huge fan; Dad couldn't stand them. I went with Mom probably half a dozen times to see them when I was in my late teens and 20's. They were always great to watch live.

6. Member
    I think I remember seeing them on the Mall in D. C. in 1970 or thereabouts, 4th of July. Lots of smoke in the air, beer flowing, not a brassiere in sight. I was looking for and had found a willing redhead. We had two big blankets, it was dark and we were just getting overly passionate under the blankets when a U. S. Park Policeman on horseback made us stop and go somewhere else to do "That kind of stuff".
    Those were the days.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Thanks for posting about this, good stuff!!!!
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

8. Member
    loved their music, its hard to know some of the song on the special are even their song the way they are changed..........others are done very well.

9. Member
    I’ve just spent the last two hours glued to this presentation. Many of the performers were Artists that I’m not at all familiar with, but I enjoyed every minute, and was taken back to my high school days, when their songs were anthems and garage bands and lead singers were trying how in the world to do what they did.
    shame they didn’t mention Glenn Campbell, who filled in when Brian was not touring, and when they lost Carl to lung cancer.
    His beautiful tenor on God Only Knows is a Classic.
    Nice to revisit youth and forget about cancer for a couple of hours!

Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post
    CBS 2HR special Grammy Salute to The Beach Boys tonight 8ET/PT. They had a great live show back in the day. Saw them at the Spectrum & Charleston WV In early 70’s. This show is mostly covers be other performers. John Stamos is a lock to be there!
    LOL, I saw them at the Spectrum also. It was darned good!

Tom

Pet Sounds still one of the greatest albums of all time.

12. Member
    Glad I was able to watch, it took me back a few decades and brought back memories.