Power pole blade hose leak

6 years total, 2 different boats and I’ve gone through 3 sets of hoses. Every 2 years or so I get a hole in a hose and the fluid leaks out and blade leaks down. Anybody else experience this? PP customer service is great and replaced the hoses but it’s tiring.
    IMG_3406.jpeg
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

Those old version black/blue hoses just don't last more than a year or two it appears, and is likely one of the reasons PP switched to Hydraulic tubing. Really only way to resolve is to move to CM2 setup with upgraded hoses, or do some sort of custom hose replacement if you want to keep the CM1 poles. There's a thread some time back where a member discussed replacing his with braided line and compression fittings.

3. mikesxpress
    Jesse those hoses should last indefinitely if routed properly. They need big loops to keep from kinking (as shown in your photo). Where they attach to the poles should have enough slack that the poles can move up/down effortlessly without pulling on the hose. Mine have been in place since 2009 and never experienced a hose leek.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Jesse those hoses should last indefinitely if routed properly. They need big loops to keep from kinking (as shown in your photo). Where they attach to the poles should have enough slack that the poles can move up/down effortlessly without pulling on the hose. Mine have been in place since 2009 and never experienced a hose leek.
    Mike is exactly correct