New owner paint question

Had my skeeter for a year now seems I'm getting some scratches at the boat docks. I have the blue skeeter fxr21 apex. Scratches are not deep but they show on that blue. The blue is a matte color I believe it's not a gelcoat. Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix the scratches. My first fiberglass boat as well so be gentle lol.

2. Member
    They should buff out, take to your local dealer or fiberglass shop. I have the same color, Tri-Tech Blue and had some scratches buffed out.

3. Member
    Was it like a scratch repair kit or just buffing

4. Member
    I took my boat back to Skeeter factory and had them address all scratches since it was delivered that way to dealer. Not sure what was used but problem was fixed.

The tritech seems to scratch easily. My motor wire protector rubbed up against it last night and easily cause a bunch of scratches. I was like, geez, that was easily done.
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex
    Helix 15/ Helix 12 / Garmin 1222 / LS34 Livescope

Jer. 33:3

6. Member
    I agree I didn't let it rub against the dock very much and had noticed the scratches

7. Member
    It’s gel coat (they’re a final clear gel over everything). Some colors just show scratches/scuffs easier than others. If it’s minor, it’ll easily come off with some polishing paste wax (hand rubbed is enough in many cases).