Flo-torque on SHO question

Bent my SHO prop, removed to send to Mark. I've had a Tempest and hub kit for years. I can't install per the instructions. 20230408_131100.jpg . The Yamaha thrust washer "a" and "b" can't both go on the shaft with the prop. They're too thick. Does this appear to be the correct hub kit or am I missing something. The Yamaha washer can't be used as it is too large in diameter to fit into the Tempest. I can install with the Merc washer, but barely and can't use the "g" washer as its too thick to install the cotter pin. I can't use any washer and install the cotter pin! Maybe a thin lockout retainer but this isn't right. The brass washer is the Yamaha thrust washer.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

2. Member
    Everything looks correct as long as that is the correct “b” washer. The “b” washer is different for Yamaha vs Mercury. When I run my merc hub I can’t install the “g” washer either. Are you sure you’re installing it correctly? The thrust washer “a” will seat inside of washer “b”

3. Member
    The "a" (OEM)washer will slip inside the s.s. "b" (flo-torque) washer. Both washers together will not work as shown in the exploded view. They are too thick and the prop is too far out of the gear case, nut will only start and the hole for the cotter pin isn't exposed. I've pulled the prop a few times trying, no luck. Leaving the "b" washer is the only way I've gotten it together. Stumped right now. Looking for help. I'll hit again tomorrow afternoon.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

4. Member
    Doesnt the thrust washer fit into the flo torque larger plastic piece with a nice fit? That small black piece is foreign to me. Once torqued down the thrust washer fits so that it centers the rear of the prop. The metal piece goes into the front and centers up the front.
    If im at all worried that the thrust washer isnt being squished. As in bottomed out on the shaft as well as fitting tight into the flo torque piece, then i take some plumbers putty and put a small blob on the thrust washer.. Then fit it all together torque it down, then take it apart and make sure the putty has been squished...