Question Right out the gate Dash power issues for a control panel on my new (to me) FXR

I purchased a new to me 2022 FXR21 Apex from a dealer up north, and when I get it to check everything out half of the powered devices are not getting power. (Dealer said everything worked before the boat left the dealer- they have a pretty rigorous checkout procedure). The bilge pump works, accessory power works, accessory lights work but nothing else turns on ( fusion audio, blue water deck lights, storage dryer, aerator, livewell pumps, horn, etc). I am pretty good with electrical systems. I have checked all the breakers, all of the fuses, and even tried to reseat the connectors in the back of control panel. The control panel appears to be okay except I am not hearing relay clicks on the on/off-type devices like livewell pumps, etc.. I am not convinced it is the control panel

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the wiring harness and control systems for the FXR Apex boats?

and riddle me this, I hear there are issues like this coming up all the time on Skeeter boats regarding power and the control panel. If this happens in 2020 and 2021 why the heck aren’t they changing things up enough to fix known issues? I do not get it. Knowing about it and doing nothing about is a form of “planned obsolescence”. I wonder what the profit margin on a new control panel is? I had to become an expert on the IClass wiring systems and DMS. I guess that nightmare is going to follow me into a new boat. Forgive me I am a little upset right now.
    Last edited by Ranchdip; 04-08-2023 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Siri
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex
    Helix 15/ Helix 12 / Garmin 1222 / LS34 Livescope

Jer. 33:3

I am the second owner, so the three-year electrical warranty is no longer valid as it is not transferable
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex

3. Member
    Just to make sure, battery switch is set to 1(not all or 2) and all 3 rear fuses are clicked up? If so, are you getting power to your touch panel(audible click with power lighting up)?
    2022 Skeeter FXR20 Limited

Yes on all of those. Thanks
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex

5. Member
    See you are in Liberty, do you live in Coronado acres by chance.

Sorry about the issues you are seeing. I have not had any of the issues you are seeing on my 2021.

Dealership should have at least a 30 day Warranty if not 90 days
    If this is your first trip out my next one would be back to the dealer
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Member
    I know this doesn't help your issue but I have a 22 fxr21 apex and I have to push the power button a few times. When I push it it sometimes flashes on then off. I push it a few more times it comes on and it stays on. I haven't had any problems with devices not working though.

Affirmative! Wow, what are the chances! Red brick house inside the curve. Come by and visit sometime!
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex

To me it’s now looking like a control board issue. As soon as I turn power on the control board the front NAV lights come on. They just started doing this since last night.
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex

10. Member
    Your navy lights just starting to come on, make sure nobody accidentally bumped switch to on position at Bow.

Not sure what reading you are getting across panel, but could you possibly have a ground issue?

Youre probably right. I didn’t know there was a switch up there for NAV lights. I’ll check. The circuitry on the panel is sealed for the most part. I unseated the daughter board that contains the relays and reseated the multi pin connectors. Still no power to radio or LED deck lights among other things.
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex

12. Member
    A friend just has his 2022 panel replaced under warranty. Some of the buttons intermittently didn’t work. Dealer just sent him a replacement.

After four hours of troubleshooting and ringing out every conductor with a meter I figured it out. It was the under helm breaker paneL power jumpers. One had come loose and the other, the spade lug jumper, broke off from the other spade. I think when Skeeter bumped everything up to 8 gauge wire, the jumpers are far more cramped now. Skeeter definitely gets an “A” for effort when they designed it but it is a matter of time before a jumper gets loose. So before you run out and buy a new control panel, definitely check the back of the breaker panel.
    2022 Skeeter FXR21 Apex

14. Member
    Having this very issue with my 2020, I shall go a digging this weekend.

15. Member
    Just fyi, being 2nd owner you should have had the option from dealer to pay $200 to transfer all warranty, including YES warranty to you, only 2nd owner has that option

16. Member
    Thank you, sir. Yes, my dealer did that for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattsuey View Post
    Just fyi, being 2nd owner you should have had the option from dealer to pay $200 to transfer all warranty, including YES warranty to you, only 2nd owner has that option
    I had the same issue as a second owner of a 2018 FX20. Bought the boat with 16 hours on it in 2019. Paid the $200 warranty transfer fee to the dealer. Only the original owner gets the full warranty. My warranty transfer covered only the structural integrity of the boat. The control panel was out when I purchased the boat. I fought like heck with Skeeter to get it covered under warranty and I won BION. I still remember the dude's name at Skeeter. Darby....call and ask for him. He still may be there and will possibly help with your matter. Good luck.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions