Would you buy a Suzuki again?

I’m going to be getting a boat built and I’m between a Suzuki 250ss and Yamaha but really leaning towards the Suzuki. Looking for some real world experiences and you would repurchase.

2. Member
    Just have.

Had a DF115 (2009/10 model) from new.

Apart from an issue early days with the engine interface cable (that was sorted out professionally by Suzuki), it never missed a beat.

Just repowered in March with a new DF115B series engine.

Simply because a good deal was offered to me when I had it in for its annual service, and the new B series engine has already proved to use 30% less fuel as was predicted by my dealer.

3. Member
    Only a year on my 250SS so... Yes I would buy it again. The minor gain in performance (if any, don't know haven't tested on my boat) isn't worth the extra cost to me. I think at the time a Merc would have been 3k more and a Yamaha was 4k....?

I also feel that I have a more reliable motor vs any other manufacturer. I would be curious what the difference would be in gas usage between the manufacturers.
    2022 Gator Trax Strike 20 w/Suzuki 250ss

4. Member
    Toporanger I’m looking at ordering a boat extremely similar to yours. I messaged you the other day but how are you still liking your whole setup?

5. Member
    I would absolutely buy another Suzuki. Especially now that I know how to set it up.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishingteach View Post
    I would absolutely buy another Suzuki. Especially now that I know how to set it up.
    I got to meet Fishing Teach yesterday in the fishing department of Dick's Sporting Goods store locally. Big guy, with a Suzuki hat no less. Somehow he recognized me as Billnorman1 here on BBC. Smarter than the average bear, says Yogi Bear.

Would I buy another Suzuki? I hope not, I'm 80, bought a new Suzuki 200 two years ago, and I hope I wear out before it does.

Had a 1999 70hp that was great. Upsized boat bought used with an evenrude Fitch was okay now upgraded again and only bought this boat because it had a Suzuki 250ss. 2019 have had for 2 years and love it. Just with I could mate it to a garmin instead of just a Lawrence thought. They changed that on the newer models.
    2019 PHEONIX 921 WITH SUZUKI 250SS

I do hear both are very reliable but yamaha is more expensive with alittle more speed and susuki less expensive with alittle less speed, but setup means alot. Also I think the warranty is longer on the Suzuki.
    2019 PHEONIX 921 WITH SUZUKI 250SS

9. Member
    2015ss on my boat. Would order one with a Suzuki of again. The maintenance is simple and I have had no issues since purchasing.
    Last edited by procraftokie; 04-19-2023 at 10:33 PM.

10. Member
    There are downsides, dealer availability, parts might take a tiny bit longer to get and a little bit slower. Other than that you will break down less, have a longer warranty without paying for more warranty, pay less up front... I have a 2023 250SS. No issues yet other than I hit a rock pile and Suzuki sent the wrong lower unit to replace. They are not speedy...