Thread: Oneida Lake...

Oneida Lake...

Anyone been out for smallies and have a report?

Thank you, Gregg

2. Member
    I haven’t heard of anyone fishing for bass on Oneida yet, or anyone fishing for bass in general. I believe the Ice on Oneida just came off a few weeks ago and most places still have some floating chunks around too. Some guys have been fishing for perch though..

yesterday drove by a few places about 45min 1hr from me that had ice still (kayuta was half open, otter lake and white lake was fully covered).

Oneida should be fishable by now though, and especially after next week where the highs are 60-80deg im sure the river will be on fire. I plan on getting my boat out of storage next week. It’s always a crap shoot, last year we had a snow storm drop 13” middle of April. Hoping to get out in the jon boat next weekend, then the bass boat end of April.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Thanks sir. I saw the warm up coming for next week and was thinking it would be a nice time for an early season smallie trip!

4. Member
    Should be a great time even if it’s slow. Can’t beat 80deg days and minimal wind mid April, if you do come up, catch a few for me
    1995 Ranger 481v

5. Member
    Truer words were never spoken!

tks

6. Member
    Just wanted to provide an update, the state just put in the South Shore ramp docks in a few days ago so all state ramps should be open now
    1995 Ranger 481v

7. Member
    Ok, thanks!