Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Lapons bay 55... st Albans Bay 57 and parts of mallets 60 today. Fish will be on beds in a couple days.

Caught about 100 fish on Sunday about 50 on Saturday and 40 today. Could not get on over 6lbs but a handful of 5lbers and alot of 4lbers.
    6's rare on Champlain,, if you caught a handful of 5s you were doing real well.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    6's rare on Champlain,, if you caught a handful of 5s you were doing real well.
    4-5’s are still tanks to me….
    Blows me away how many 3lb bass you can catch in a day

3. Member
    This is good to know. Going up in a couple weeks and this was my starting point I decided after some map study.
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Yes city bay had them as well.

4. Member
    Water temps had dropped 2 weeks ago after the fronts. I fished the 21st - 26th. I stayed at Marine Village Cottages (gone downhill under new ownership) on NY side north of Plattsburg. Main lake water temps were 47 and 49 in the bay at Plattsburg. First 2 days fishing was worst I have had in 5 or 6 years.
    Ran over to Mallets day 3 and temps were 52 in morning and high 50’s in the afternoon. Fishing was much better with smallmouth in all 3 stages. First time I have seen smallmouth bed on flat sand bottoms in 2 feet or less. Due to wind and weather, I fished Mallets 3 days in a row. The other boat in my group experimented each day but ended each day in Mallets. This weeks warm weather should help all over the lake. One other observation I had up North on NY side was a large amount of green algae slime in the bays and pockets. Not sure if this was part of the cause for the very poor results we had up there.

5. Member
    Forgot to add water temps in Mallets was in mid to high 60’s Friday

6. Member
    Thanks. Looked at mallets bay on some maps was thinking of hitting there the last day morning before heading home since headed Soutgh anyway. Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12