Thread: VX21 5 blade

VX21 5 blade

Yep, 5 blade on a VX21 with a Merc 250 four stroke.
    Just happened to do some horse trading and got 2 High Five props in the deal, a 21p and a 25p, both in great shape. So, just had to try them out a couple of weeks ago to see how the boat would react and I actually like them.
    Yes, reverse is not as strong as other props but I don’t approach anything faster than Im willing to hit it, so its ok for me. I set my jackplate at 4-5 for the speeds and handling noted below. Tournament load, half a tank of fuel, and 450lbs of occupants.

The 21p is definitely too small, holeshot is really fast if you mat it as the bow doesn’t rise, the boat just comes up on plane pretty level and very quick and the top speed is 58mph at 6200 rpms. Handles like a sports car, really punchy from 20-55mph, kinda fun to play with.

The 25p isnt bad, holeshot is maybe 3 seconds at most, it also handles very well and is precise in turns, top speed is 68mph at 6050 rpms.

Anyway, not sure what I will do with them, fishing with the 25p on it right now, may keep the 21p to pull a tube or kneeboard with later. Just posting other prop speeds as the Vexus doesnt have a lot of info available out there.
    Stay safe.

2. Member
    I also use a High Five prop on my Ranger and wouldn’t go back to anything else. The hole shot with very little bow lift is amazing. The boat handles like it’s on a rail. I do give up a couple mph at the top end, but the boat is still away faster than I ever go.

3. Member
    I just installed a Bravo 23p 4 blade on my VX20. Coming from a stock Fury 23p 3 blade. Haven't had it up to top speed due to crazy waves, and I expect to hit the rev limiter with the Bravo. BUT, the holeshot was good, and even better was the minimized bowrise. A pretty big improvement there. I'd love to see what a high5 feels like just for bow control.