Thread: Texas Tough

Texas Tough

Watching the Valero Texas Open this weekend made me remember how tough “Hill Country” golf can be. Rocks, cactus, mesquite, snakes, fire ants, water, wind, fog, and hills. Congrats to Mr. Conners. He must be one tough golfer. Surprised he hasn’t won some other tournaments. Watching also made me remember Kevin Na and a 16 on one hole I think. “Take your Medicine” is a lesson learned after watching that debacle.
    I am sitting here this morning scratching my ankles after my Saturday/Sunday rounds and trying to figure if it was fire ants, sand fleas, ticks, or plant based. Keep it in the short grass will be more important than ever down here in Texas.

2. Member
    Went to the Dell match play in Austin 3 weeks ago. Man, I loved that course!! Stayed at the Barton creek Resort last year for a couple days and played. That Texas hill country golf is awesome!

3. Member
    It is awesome. I have played Barton Creek several times and ACC once. They are awesome and especially this time of year. But if you miss the rough and get into mesquite and rocks-hang on to your hat!
    I visited Austin in April 1973. It smelled beautiful in the morning. I couldn’t imagine going anywhere else for college. Sign me up with 25000 coeds!
    I climbed down the hill under the highway fence to swim at Barton Creek in 1976 way before the resort was built. Many good times there indeed-none involved bass fishing!!!!
    I also cliff dived at Paleface Park many times. Once climbing up and stymied with a friendly gal who looked over the cliff to see who was attached to the hand that was trying to clasp the top of the cliff. She asked “ Do You need help?”
    i said “yes please”. She said “grab my foot” and extended it for me to grab. I pulled myself up with her foot and was staring at home base of a totally naked lady with a smile on her face and All I could do was thank her for her help. What a dork I was. Thanked her and ran off with my friends.
    Last edited by Bearetta; 04-12-2023 at 08:57 PM.