Rod box separator

Has anyone made a rod box separator for the butt end of the rods to keep them from piling up? I have having issues with rods getting tangled in my rod box and was trying to find an idea to help keep them apart. Thanks,

2. Member
    So not the best pictures but this is what I did on the rod locker for the boat I'm re building. In the front PVC pipe rod tubes and on the back I used 3" Cable grommets off amazon, they hold rods SUPER tight. Like if you put a spinning rod in upside-down I don't think it would even spin unless it was a pretty rough day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    That looks great! I’m ok with the from being open, looking for something to set the rod butts on to elevate them off the floor.

Used a plastic cutting board from a home store, drilled holes, and band saw to cut slots.

I made a different version for someone with 4 separate vertical plates, spaced about 2" apart - like a stair step. First plate was a low, simple rectangle with several half-round notches for rod butts. Next plate was slightly taller, and notches offset from 1st plate; 3rd plate taller, etc. Held more rods than this style, but tougher to get to the ones on the very bottom. I should have taken pics when I had it done.

5. Member
    Easy fix. If I an reading post right. I have cut pool noodles up to fit cross ways in rod locker. What I do is to lay down 4-5 rods then pool noodle lay in some more then another pool noodle SO on and so forth till I fill up my rod box with what I am going to carry. Work well and keeps rods and reels from getting tangled and damaged.

6. Member
    Great ideas guys! Thanks

7. Member
    I used golf club tubes that are used in golf bags in the front of rod box. To mount the tubes I used a thin cutting cutting holes sized for the tubes. I used a portion of cardboard to make a pattern of the inside of the rod box to install the cutting boards with the holes.