electronics, maybe yall can help

Both of my Lowrance live 16's will not power up, looked into both fuse boxes under the dash, did not see anything for the graphs, there was a blown inline 5 amp fuse at my cranking battery, it did not fix the problem, any suggestions before I drag it to the dealer on my way to the lake on Wed ? Oh it is a 2022 CX 21

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Both of my Lowrance live 16's will not power up, looked into both fuse boxes under the dash, did not see anything for the graphs, there was a blown inline 5 amp fuse at my cranking battery, it did not fix the problem, any suggestions before I drag it to the dealer on my way to the lake on Wed ? Oh it is a 2022 CX 21
    Do you have the sea clear wiring harness if you do they have their own fuses.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaymasRodney View Post
    Do you have the sea clear wiring harness if you do they have their own fuses.
    I think they used some type of harness, I looked under the dash , wires everywhere, not enough room for my old big butt to get under there and see if I could find the problem, it has to be a fuse or connection.

4. Member
    Check your breaker. There is a reset for the clean power.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

5. Member
    I think they used some type of harness, I looked under the dash , wires everywhere, not enough room for my old big butt to get under there and see if I could find the problem, it has to be a fuse or connection.
    If its the sea clear harness mine are in the battery compartment, i have mine on a off/on switch and the fuses are in line to my dedicated battery for electronics..

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    Check your breaker. There is a reset for the clean power.
    I could see a small rectangular block that read clean power, had several wires coming in and out, it was under the dash, would be tough for me to get to it, the picture you are showing is not the same part, is that under dash or in the bilge ? Thanks

7. Member
    I could see a small rectangular block that read clean power, had several wires coming in and out, it was under the dash, would be tough for me to get to it, the picture you are showing is not the same part, is that under dash or in the bilge ? Thanks
    This is in the bilge behind the cranking battery. Unless you purchased an aftermarket wiring kit, you most likely have your electronics wired into the factory clean power. Check your bilge compartment fuse block. Press the clean power reset button and see if that tripped. If so, you’ll need to start troubleshooting to determine what caused the 5amp fuse to blow.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    This is in the bilge behind the cranking battery. Unless you purchased an aftermarket wiring kit, you most likely have your electronics wired into the factory clean power. Check your bilge compartment fuse block. Press the clean power reset button and see if that tripped. If so, you’ll need to start troubleshooting to determine what caused the 5amp fuse to blow.
    OK, may be fun to get to it, my boat has power steering and I think that box may be located behind it. I power washed the sea deck flooring the other day, I am sure water was hitting up under the dash, seems like I remember plugging in the charger afterwards and hearing a funny noise as I plugged it in, like an electrical pop, thinking this is when it blew, will dig around in the bilge and see if I can find it, thank you.

9. Member
    If it is a 19 foot or smaller, you won't have that box on your sea clear. They will have fuses that are very poorly placed in the back right corner of the boat behind the cranking battery. Mine were attached upside down on that side wall.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    If it is a 19 foot or smaller, you won't have that box on your sea clear. They will have fuses that are very poorly placed in the back right corner of the boat behind the cranking battery. Mine were attached upside down on that side wall.
    Roger has a CX 21.
    Have you found out anything Rog?

11. Member
    Roger has a CX 21.
    Oh yea... I see that now.

Trace the power for the units. They should have an inline fuse on them before connecting to sea clear (or maybe some type of distribution box). Also, could be just a bad connection. May need to simply redo the connection to the power harness.
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

12. Member
    Roger has a CX 21.
    Well this is kinda embarrassing but I will tell what happened, when I come in from fishing I always plug the charger in, after a couple days I usually unplug it, before another trip I will normally plug back in just to be safe, well apparently after the first trip I had forgotten to turn my power off, sooo the batteries ran dead, the day before I was to go fishing I plugged charger back in, decided to mess with my graph for some reason, that is when i found the problem, I did find the one 5 amp fuse blown in a link by the battery post so I thought that was the culprit, since it was not I had to try and flip that breaker back behind my battery and power steering box, evidently all I did was push the trip button, now I have zero power to anything, finally I put a separate charger on my cranking battery to discover that I had a dead battery, it took several hours to get that X2 charged back up, that was the problem the entire time, I did have to reset that breaker back behind the battery because i had tripped it.

13. Member
    Most important thing…u found the problem and all is good again

14. Member
    Well this is kinda embarrassing but I will tell what happened, when I come in from fishing I always plug the charger in, after a couple days I usually unplug it, before another trip I will normally plug back in just to be safe, well apparently after the first trip I had forgotten to turn my power off, sooo the batteries ran dead, the day before I was to go fishing I plugged charger back in, decided to mess with my graph for some reason, that is when i found the problem, I did find the one 5 amp fuse blown in a link by the battery post so I thought that was the culprit, since it was not I had to try and flip that breaker back behind my battery and power steering box, evidently all I did was push the trip button, now I have zero power to anything, finally I put a separate charger on my cranking battery to discover that I had a dead battery, it took several hours to get that X2 charged back up, that was the problem the entire time, I did have to reset that breaker back behind the battery because i had tripped it.
    We all been there and did the same thing, as said above you found the problem now just go fishing.