Berkley Stunna durability

Hey fellas,

for those of you who have used this bait how is the bill/lip durability compared to the vision 110? Is it stronger or does it break off as easy as the vision. Any other defects encountered would be great to know, thanks in advance!

It holds up better than the 110 in my opinion, though it's not as refined either as I'm sure you'd expect. I've caught quite a few fish on them and haven't broken any or had any issues with them. The one complaint I have are the EWG style hooks they come with. Though they're sharp and keep a hooked fish pinned better, they're not my favorite for a jerkbait as you often run into fish who swipe at a bait and you're less likely to hook them than with round bends.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    Thanks for the info!

4. Member
    Not to be more negative than needed, but I don't understand people who think the MB bill is fragile. I've been throwing them since you had to order a lot of colors from Japan. I find them no more fragile than any other jerk bait. I have some that are pushing 20 years old and still going.

That said, I like the Stunna's . They are $10 - $15 less than the MB and fish just as well. I mess around with hooks and rings to make them suspend sometimes, but I throw them a lot out of the box. I don't like slow sink, but Hank Cherry does, so who am I. Good bait. Don't break bill on them either. Don't like the 112+1, though. Doesn't feel right. Like the Vision +1 better, even for the money.

5. Member
    I do plan on tweaking the suspension depending on water temp for sure. Glad to hear they work well for you too

6. Member
    I have only broken the bill on one of the 112+1's. And that was after bouncing it off a couple of dock pilings and other underwater obstructions.
    2022 Falcon F195

7. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Not to be more negative than needed, but I don't understand people who think the MB bill is fragile. I've been throwing them since you had to order a lot of colors from Japan. I find them no more fragile than any other jerk bait. I have some that are pushing 20 years old and still going.
    Exactly, I have some that are 15ish years old and still in great condition, other than the paint coming off from all the fish they've caught. I've only broken a handful of them and every time it was due to being bounced off a rock.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

I have broken several 110 lips... I fish open water--- very clear, and generally its one that has been used solid for several days of use.....no I did not hit anything with it... if you like the bait... accept it may lose a bill..... I you don't use something else

9. Member
    The bills can be fixed/replaced. Here is one I just did for my fishing buddy. Broke the bill off on my boats Raptor. It is time consuming to get the bill straight and at the right angle, but it works. Last one I fixed was a fish catching machine until I broke it off in a fishes mouth lifting it into the boat on 10 flouro.

I am convinced two part epoxy can fix about anything. Super strong wonder glue.

IMG_1372 (1).jpg
    Last edited by Amistad Tackle; 04-05-2023 at 03:49 PM.

I change the hooks out on both. Both will catch fish, Stunnas are designed for a slow sink, 110's for a slow rise so keep that in mind.

11. Member
    I've got a couple of broken baits laying around what did you use to replace the bill? Mind giving a run down on how you did it?
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha

12. Member
    Cut/grind/file what is left of the bill out flush with the body of the bait. A Dremel tool is good for this. Using a hack saw blade cut a new lip slot trying to get the angle as close to the original as possible and square to the body. Make the lip slot wider than what you need so you can adjust the lip when you place it in there to make the angle right and the lip square to the body of the bait. Pack the new lip slot with two part epoxy putty (get at the auto parts store "liquid steel"). Push the new lip into the slot packed with the epoxy getting the angle right and the lip square to the front of the bait. Best you can do is eyeball it. With this epoxy putty you will have time to adjust the bill as it dries fairly slowly. Once you have it where you want it let this dry. Once set up use a toothpick to dap regular two part 30 minute epoxy around the new lip area to strengthen it. The hardest part is getting the lip straight and at the same angle as the original.

For lips I use computer board lips (believe it is called micarta) I buy from lure parts online 8416 Circuit Board Lure Lips (5pk) (anglersworkshop.com). They do not have one specifically for the 110, so you'll have to get a small lip and using a template you make from a 110 original file a lip to the correct length and shape. You can rough cut the lip with a pair of wire cutters and then file/sand it to the final shape. The circuit board material shapes pretty easily.

There may be an easier way, but that is how I have done it. I have replaced lips on lots of broken baits (not just Vision 110's) using this same method. The key is the putty. I have never been able to cut a perfect lip slot on a finished bait the first time with a saw. It is always off. The putty allows you to fill the slot area and adjust the bill to get it squared up and at the right angle. I believe a fellow BBC member got me onto the putty years ago.
    Last edited by Amistad Tackle; 04-13-2023 at 01:07 PM.

13. Member
    Thanks I use the putty patching pools all the time and I have a LPO catalogue. Just have to get busy now.
    2013 X19 F200LB Yamaha