LIVESCOPE 1ST TIME OUT

So I got a new livescope last fall with the lv34 ducer. Had some motor issues so I never got out to use it last fall. But I did have time to watch a lot of you tube videos on the set up and use. So this weekend I finally got out to try it out but did not have as much success at seeing things or my bait.

This was my set up:

color scheme...moss
    gain...70%
    color gain ...56%
    color limit....50%
    noise reject ....low
    ghost reject.....low
    TVG ....off
    Focus ....auto fresh
    reverse range.....min

Water conditions.....40 Degrees
    water clarity.....1 foot
    windy

AT first I could not see anything because the sun was so bright, but was finally able to set my backlight up to 90% and then I could see.

I was throwing a chatterbait and lipless crank. I really think I was able to see my bait 2 times for just maybe 2-3 seconds, over a 2 hour period. Granted I know it was windy but I went to the calm side of the lake and put it on spot lock and specifically casted to where I believed my tranducer to be pointing and could never seem to see my bait. Also I noticed it only showed the bottom depth out to about 30 feet away when my range was set at 75. There is also a ton of flooded timber coming out of the water. I could 5-10 feet away and sometime not see the tree which totally baffled me. I could see it from the boat but it would not show up on the screen of livescope.

any advice?

Thanks
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaksker View Post
    put it on spot lock and specifically casted to where I believed my tranducer to be pointing...
    I'm only a few months new to this so no help with the settings. But the greatest peace of advice I've read and helps is "foot on pedal is always moving".
    What this means is once I cast exactly where I want my lure to go, I am still ever so slightly moving the transducer side to side to help pick up the lure and keep a stronger signal of it.
    Because once the lure is on the screen coming back to the boat, you will have to move transducer to keep the lure on screen a lot of the time.
    Even on a calm day the boat is still moving even if its a tiny bit. I think GG has a video about how tight the V beam angle is and how to keep the lure in it.
    I now understand why even the best say it takes a lot of time using it to be good at it.
    2015 VT 17 w/ 75 4stroke Merc
    Garmin 106sv, Echomap Plus 73sv, & LVS34
    & lots of fish ;)

One over,

Thanks for the feedback. I did try constantly moving the tm head back and forth trying to find my bait and that was one of the few times I saw it but, for just a short bit. Who is this GG you speak of?

4. Member
    Garmin Guru YouTube channel.
    2015 VT 17 w/ 75 4stroke Merc
    Garmin 106sv, Echomap Plus 73sv, & LVS34
    & lots of fish ;)

On pole or trolling motor shaft?
    If TM shaft, you can't use spot lock
    Try color gain 90
    color limit 0
    Practice with a slow movinf/falling bait like a weightless Wacky senko or suspending jerkbait
    Set distance to 50-60' to learn.

6. Member
    I found that using a curly tail jig or blade bait really helped me to lock onto my bait with livescope. I started close to the boat flipping it out about 10 ft and trying to keep my flip directly in line with the trolling motor so I could immediately find my lure...once I had that down I started throwing it a little further etc...Now if I want to see my lure on the screen the I point my trolling motor where I am going to cast then it fairly simple to follow the bait in. Make sure you have the transducer oriented correctly on your shaft in the forward position. Good luck
    2005 Nitro NX 882
    2002 Mercury 175 EFI

Guys, thanks for the feedback. Have not had a chance to get back out yet but, will try your suggestions. Thanks again