Thread: My Quest

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

My Quest

for a bass every month was kept alive yesterday afternoon.
    April 2023.jpg
    Not a big one, but caught several this size. Water was around 54-57 at Wilson County Lake. Lots of algae though and anything that hit the bottom or cover that was in less than three foot got covered.

2. Member
    Congrats on getting the April bass behind you early. I'm on my way to FT. Leavenworth tomorrow to work until the 28th. I may not get to fish this month.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

3. Member
    I only hit Wilson SFL a couple times a year (too many boats and bank people normally for me). Try to go when it's cold or rainy mostly.
    Made it there Sat. morning... Caught two dozen bass at all different depths, but the bigger ones were found on subtle structure using livescope in the 12-15' range.
    Biggest went 5.80 & 3.75 lbs Honestly, If I didn't have Livescope that I just got a few months ago, I would have missed their location completely being farther out in open water.

I did a kick out of the comments from the very nice glass boats fishing by the road bridge as we slid under coming back from fishing the North side of it.

Also caught wipers and one 3# channel I livescoped off the dam in 17' of water. I do enjoy watching the fish chase and hit on the screen. lol
    2015 VT 17 w/ 75 4stroke Merc
    Garmin 106sv, Echomap Plus 73sv, & LVS34
    & lots of fish ;)

4. Member
    Our water last I looked was still in low 40's so I haven't even wet a line yet. I'm afraid we're gonna go from 50's to 100.
    1990 Champion 184
    Yamaha proV150
    Garmin Electronics

5. Member
    +1 on the livescope. Bought one last year and love it.
    1990 Champion 184
    Yamaha proV150
    Garmin Electronics

Quote Originally Posted by one-over-par View Post
    I only hit Wilson SFL a couple times a year (too many boats and bank people normally for me). Try to go when it's cold or rainy mostly.
    Made it there Sat. morning... Caught two dozen bass at all different depths, but the bigger ones were found on subtle structure using livescope in the 12-15' range.
    Biggest went 5.80 & 3.75 lbs Honestly, If I didn't have Livescope that I just got a few months ago, I would have missed their location completely being farther out in open water.

I did a kick out of the comments from the very nice glass boats fishing by the road bridge as we slid under coming back from fishing the North side of it.

Also caught wipers and one 3# channel I livescoped off the dam in 17' of water. I do enjoy watching the fish chase and hit on the screen. lol
    so you are why some of those fish were a little standoffish yesterday.

I have had my shiny glass boat above the bridge. The last time I went under the middle of the bridge it was so low.

The wind really hurt staying on and seeing the fish on my livescope. In seeing the weather today, you could probably pick your shot.

There are no wipers in that lake, so you probably caught some of the big white bass in there.

7. Member
    I'm terrible about knowing what's a white bass and what's a wiper. Thanks, it's good to know.
    2015 VT 17 w/ 75 4stroke Merc
    Garmin 106sv, Echomap Plus 73sv, & LVS34
    & lots of fish ;)

8. Member
    I guess you decided not to take any chances on that April bass so you got on the board the first weekend. Congratulations! I took care of some projects around the house but will be chasing bass this weekend.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by one-over-par View Post

Sounds like a busy lake?? I fished it good friday and Monday, first time being there. No water in the wichita area so I headed east. Nice lake, at least I enjoyed. Bass fished it caught 10-12 yesterday. Biggest came on north side of the bridge on a rodent, 3.74lber. That was an adventure getting to the north side in 20" bass boat.

I have been under there plenty of times. At its level right now you probably drug a little I would assume. This Sunday if I can get through, that is where I will be headed. The creek channel crosses out in the middle. The shad and fish will stack out there it around 5' of water.

11. Member
    We did find the channel. Didn’t spend much time with how grassy it was. I’m assuming it gets pretty thick up there the warmer it gets?

It has gotten thick up there at times. Looked at trying to get through yesterday, but it is just low enough I didn't go ahead and try. Caught lots of fish again with 7 being over 15" but not over 15"

13. Member
    On the board for May! Jbassman, you are on the clock for your May bass although I am pretty confident you will make it happen.

May is a wrap. As you said, it was not too hard to get accomplished.

Scored the June bass last Sunday Craig.

16. Member
    Congrats! I also got on the board Sunday.

17. Member
    Hey Jbass I am on the board for July. There was a slight chop on Table Rock today with all of the boat traffic.

[QUOTE=Craig B;13077146]Hey Jbass I am on the board for July. There was a slight chop on Table Rock today with all of the boat traffic.[/QUOTE

Now good for July also. Had a new rod to break in and worked out well. WL Co lake was 2' high if you believe it, but there was nobody fishing last evening.

19. Member
    Glad you are on the board. I am dealing with a leaking oil bath hub so I had to stay home last weekend. Luckily it let go in the garage so no road side repair. I think the lakes around here will be up quite a bit too. Hopefully I can get back on the water this weekend.

August is done. The YC lake has come up, but is still 2.5' low.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast