Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DD26 Fishing Mean Stops / Steering Stops

Any reviews comments on these? - picked up a set since I have and like the DD26 Yamaha Toter, but the steering stops seem really, really tight on my Yamaha/Seastar steering rams. Not sure if the loosen up a bit with wear? They are pretty hard to snap on and off, much harder than my Gator Locks, for instance. Not sure if they are intentionally this tight, due to safety concerns maybe?

2. Member
    Mine are tight as well, but I prefer them to be that way. Quality products for sure.

3. Member
    I use them on my 200 ProXS and have no issues, really like them

Great product along with their motor toters. I have used both on my last two boats.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

5. BBC SPONSOR
    I bought a set. I really like them. Well built and fit real snug. Taking them off is easy with the large handle. Great product.

Mine have the T handle, I guess the previous version was a D-style handle, which I think I might have preferred. Actually the port side is ok, I just have trouble with the Starboard size due to tight area b/c of Yamaha rigging tuble and hyd steering parts, etc...

7. Member
    Mine are very tight too, but I guess that’s good. At $99, I’d prefer they don’t just fall off. Haha.

8. Member
    There are the best thing that I bougth along with their motor toter for my Mecury 4s. They fit snug but not hard to get off.
    I guess they fit tighter on the yamaha's. The TH marine I had were hard to get off.
    2021 Phoenix 919
    2021 Mercury 225

I might have to look at some....took me 10 minutes to get my Gator backs off the other day in 40 degree weather! Almost had to go back home

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    I might have to look at some....took me 10 minutes to get my Gator backs off the other day in 40 degree weather! Almost had to go back home
    Go ahead get them, we’ll work the cost. So east to get on and off.
    2021 Phoenix 919
    2021 Mercury 225

11. Member
    I have the older D style handles and they are easier to get off without skinning your knuckles. I think they should have stayed with the D style.

12. Member
    Have both the toter and steering locks. The motor toter have worked great. I have had a couple instance where the toter got stuck on the motor bracket. It slipped and wedged itself. I had to use a rubber mallet to bang it loose. 250 merc ProXs four stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by barrys View Post
    I have the older D style handles and they are easier to get off without skinning your knuckles. I think they should have stayed with the D style.
    This is what I was thinking as well... not sure why they changed them.

14. Member
    When you use them put them on from the bottom up. They are much easier to push off than pull off.

Well after busting knuckles every freaking time I remove them, I've switched back to Gator Backs. I like the totor, and otherwise like the stops, but gashing knuckes every morning before fishing got old fast. Thank goodness for TW's reasonable return policy.

16. Member
    I could not stomach 100 bucks for some molded plastic. I had 2 feet of schedule 80 1 inch PVC in the garage. Took a few times with the table saw to cut out just the right amount of the pipe so they would snap on to the rams and pop off easily. Only issue with the pvc, it doesn't float. Found that out the hard way.

17. Member
    Are the stops necessary? Got tired of fighting with mine and stopped using them.
    "Dedicated to Dad. He always had time to take me fishing." Jerry McKinnis

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Well after busting knuckles every freaking time I remove them, I've switched back to Gator Backs. I like the totor, and otherwise like the stops, but gashing knuckes every morning before fishing got old fast. Thank goodness for TW's reasonable return policy.
    And, now have decided to just go back to the MotorMate. No Steering Stops to fuss with.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash5150 View Post
    Are the stops necessary? Got tired of fighting with mine and stopped using them.
    I doubt they are necessary, but I still use them. Evinrude has the built in motor toter. I like my motor staying straight.

I use the T H Marine. Price is reasonable and they work for me. No complaints.

20. Member
    I don’t like using steering stops. If the motor toter requires them, it’s not holding the motor solid, like it should. I had a hydraulic leak develop that the mechanic said was probably caused by the stop. (Could’ve also been from when I forgot to take them off and tried steering - not a good thing but another thing to deal with.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast