Faux Suppressors

What is the point of having one? I see some on GB pistol listings and don't understand why I would want it.

Prolly a flash can…
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Like a screen door on a submarine.

4. Banned
    Same as a "Tactical" 22lr. Worthless.

5. Member
    yeah , faux suppressors have no practical benefit when it comes to reducing the noise of a firearm. In fact, it is illegal to modify a firearm to make it quieter without a suppressor, as it is a violation of federal law.

6. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    If you dive off into the Form 1 world, there have been some pretty nice builds done using Surefire Wardens and other faux or trainer suppressors.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmclairday2 View Post
    If you dive off into the Form 1 world, there have been some pretty nice builds done using Surefire Wardens and other faux or trainer suppressors.
    Can you translate, please? What is form 1? I guessing you're talking about building AR's and the faux suppressor is basically a placeholder until you get the real thing (?)

So i have a hk mp5 pattern 22LR, it is a rifle and is 16" barrel it has a fake suppressor on it 1 to make it look like the mp5 SD and since its a 22 its not loud so it just fits the gun. Honestly when i unscrew it the thin barrel is just pathetic. Now anyone installing something like this on a real centerfire rifle i would just shake my head to myself as a waste of money and weight

the gsg mp5's used to have a single wall fake suppressor, the atf was not amused with the fact you could drill a couple holes in the barrel and then that large air void would function, illegal for sure so dont do it. Now the gsg and hk licensed mp5 style 22's have a double wall fake suppressor to make that harder.

9. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Can you translate, please? What is form 1? I guessing you're talking about building AR's and the faux suppressor is basically a placeholder until you get the real thing (?)
    What I'm meaning is building Form 1 suppressors. A form 1 is referring to manufacturing your own NFA items, Suppressors, SBR's, SBS's, and DD's. Its nearly an identical process as the Form 4, when you purchase something made commercially. But as a form 1 applicant, you are the manufacturer. It still requires a $200 tax stamp, however the wait times are much less on average than a Form 4 application.
    Last edited by cmclairday2; 04-17-2023 at 10:04 AM.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L