Thread: No GPS

No GPS

Hello everyone, I have a Solix 15GN2 and Mega 360 linked up together along with the Humminbird GPS/Heading puck. While on the Solix chart view my boat icon spins and jumps around the map not locking on to a position. Under the Solix settings I can set the GPS to internal and the GPS signal is fine with many satellites, when I change to the external GPS/Heading sensor I get no satellite signal just heading ( bad puck right ?) . I have also tried to use my Ultrex and its puck as the GPS/heading source but it also shows up with no satellite signal on the Solix. I thought the GPS signal was coming from the Ultrex control head not the MinnKota puck so do I somehow have a bad Ultrex GPS too ? Thoughts, ideas ? Thanks
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2020 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    HB Solix
    HB M360
    Garmin LiveView
    MinnKota Ultrex

The Minnkota puck is not a GPS antenna, it is a heading sensor only. It "talks" to iPilot GPS in the top of the motor via Bluetooth.

Try Exporting the waypoints and tracks to a memory card, Restore Nav Data Settings which will erase the waypoint library and see what it does. If that fixes it, you have corrupt Nav data.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Typically a SOLIX will utilize a Heading Sensor when connected without making any GPS source selections. Auto-Configure in the GPS (1) Network menu will read whatever antenna you connect.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

AND Low Voltage will cause GPS errors and typically is the first sign of not enough power.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Thanks Wayne, I can use the internal GPS of the Solix ( that shows up fine) but I want a heading sensor and thats why I have the Humminbird puck, but shouldnt the satellites show up on the GPS page of the Solix if the Humminbird puck is receiving if I have that selected as the source ? There are none. And shouldnt the satilites show up on the GPS page of the Soilix if I use the Ultrex as my GPS source ?
    2005 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2020 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    HB Solix
    HB M360
    Garmin LiveView
    MinnKota Ultrex

Yes and Yes.

A Heading Sensor controls the position icon so it never changes to O when at less than .6mph

IF Auto-Configure is turned on, the unit should automatically choose Internal for the trolling motor or External for the AS GPS HS.
    The trolling motor has to be deployed for it to function since stowing turns iPilot OFF.

I have a AS GPS HS connected to a G3 SOLIX on my desk. An AS GPS HS has not been connected to it since several Restore Factory Defaults ago. The unit automatically selected it when turned on and it shows 11 satellites being tracked and 8 of those providing position.
    It has the trolling motor listed also but blacked out since it has automatically selected it before.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL