Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    The Fishing Hole in Clanton, AL is great. Have better prices than big stores on a lot of soft plastics. Great selection too. Its almost dead middle of AL especially convenient to Mitchell and Lay. Not far from Jordan either. Been there since early 80’s. Sells guns too but bass and crappie tackle is the mainstay.

Pretty lucky here at Lake of the Ozarks. Got Fitz tackle shops, 3 of them. Local chain. They are dialed in on Bass tackle, at each location at least one person behind the counter is a pro fishing the Toyota, MLF Invitationals and BFL's. We also have Dick's local and BPS-Springfield is a little over an hour away.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    The Fishing Hole in Clanton, AL is great. Have better prices than big stores on a lot of soft plastics. Great selection too. Its almost dead middle of AL especially convenient to Mitchell and Lay. Not far from Jordan either. Been there since early 80’s. Sells guns too but bass and crappie tackle is the mainstay.
    I second that! Great place, and they have a whole wall of Zoom product. He can also get discontinued Zoom colors if you are willing to buy a large number. Great folks.

4. Member
    Simmons sporting goods in downtown Bessemer near Birmingham is another jewel of a tackle store. They have a huge selection and have good sales

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    SML tackleshack and Captains Quarters I assume?
    Correct. And Sportsman’s Warehouse in Roanoke although their inventory has been very spotty the past two years with more of a hunting focus.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Correct. And Sportsman’s Warehouse in Roanoke although their inventory has been very spotty the past two years with more of a hunting focus.
    Yeah Sportsman’s is always hit or miss it seems.

Green Top is the best “tackle shop” in the state if you wanna call it that. Although it’s more of a locally owned Bass Pro Shops. Other than that I don’t really have a true local one but all the major bodies of water I go to have at least two that I know of, other than Potomac.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Green Top is the best “tackle shop” in the state if you wanna call it that. Although it’s more of a locally owned Bass Pro Shops. Other than that I don’t really have a true local one but all the major bodies of water I go to have at least two that I know of, other than Potomac.
    Dance's in Colonial Heights Va. is a good one I usually stop at if in the area.

8. Member
    The best tackle shop in my "area" is Just Fish'n in Bristol. Owners Alison and Alan Weeks are top notch folks to deal with, and their store is always well stocked and organized. It's so good I travel 1 1/2 hours from my home to visit them.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flippingmagician View Post
    The only somewhat local- and non-chain store here is Mike's Tackle World in Decatur, IL. It's got a ton of stuff and they are great folks! one!
    I live near Chicago but stumbled on their website. They seem to carry a lot of discontinued tackle. Is it worth a drive down there?

10. Member
    Northern Bass Supply has been out of business for 10 years ago(or),suds and soda crapped out 4 years ago now I got no local tackle store. I guess Kittery trading post isn’t too far(30min) and they carry low end Megabass & St Croix rods.
    Red Sox in 6!

THE GREAT OUTDOORS in Cherryville , NC. They’ve got it all! The best selection of fishing tackle and hunting gear that you’ll find in the southeast. Complete trolling motor service. Boat rigging, outboard work, boat sales. At any time you’re liable to run into one of the local pros such as Thrifty,Hank, and others. Guy Eaker is up there pretty much every day. The staff know what they’re doing too and are all down to earth good people. It’s truly a sportsman’s paradise. It’s off the beaten trail, but the parking lot is always pretty full. The best thing is that it’s only about 15 minutes away for me.

Reed's Onamia just South of Mille Lacs is solid for bass selection.

13. Member
    The Tacklebox in South Point has a huge selection of lures and I buy the majority of my stuff there. They make spinnerbaits, buzzbaits and spoons also.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario

I bought my first new boat from a dealer north of Richmond and stopped by Green Top over 30 years ago. I’m sure it was a different location then but it was amazing.

I like edgemoore outdoors in Oakridge Tn.

The guys in Tulsa just got themselvesca great tackle shop. Tulsa Tackle looks like a great place to stop by.

We have four, three are twenty to thirty miles away. Soddy Custom Tackle, Soddy-Daisy; Fish Tales, Cleveland; Real Deal Tackle, Dayton. Local is Just Fishin.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    Simmons sporting goods in downtown Bessemer near Birmingham is another jewel of a tackle store. They have a huge selection and have good sales

They sell on Ebay also. Made a bunch of purchases from them. Got some good deals.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Northern Bass Supply has been out of business for 10 years ago(or),suds and soda crapped out 4 years ago now I got no local tackle store. I guess Kittery trading post isn’t too far(30min) and they carry low end Megabass & St Croix rods.

My mom used to work with one of the owners wives. He opened a small store in Ct. If my memory is right NBS also changed names and moved to Ct. I think that operation went under last year.

20. Member
    Green top and Dances are great.
    Green top moved into Gander Mountain building when they closed.

Then you have Bobcats tackle in Clarksville ( Buggs Island ).

That is pretty much it, other then BPS/Cabelas for around here. Or am I missing some?
    Semper Fi

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast