Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    We had a near record amount of snowfall this season in Minnesnowda. But I religiously keep our drive cleared and steps shoveled, since my wife ships/receives dozens of packages daily from USPS, UPS, Fedex, SpeeDee.
    There were several times we didn't get mail delivery (not even in our mailbox at the road), sometimes for several days at a time!
    My wife tracked our mail deliveries online, and reasons given were "Driveway blocked", and a few were "Delivery declined by recipient". BS! They never even drove down our road, much less our driveway. I'm betting they never even got out of bed those mornings.
    It's one thing to try and not be able to make it due to ice, or an unplowed driveway. But to flat out lie and say we declined a delivery is what irks me.
    If you are on a rural delivery route, as I am, we are subject to the whims of the contractor delivering the mail. I can’t get a fishing rod delivered because it doesn’t fit in the carrier’s car.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

New update!! Back in Little Rock…

Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

3. Member
    Could be worse. FedEx could be delivering it. Had a a package sit dormat for 9 days less then 20 miles from my house. Customer service explained that the truck it was on was blocked by other trucks that came in. Would not be docked till all other truck we off loaded that came in after it. Sat there 9 days, going to assume they kept blocking it in. Reordered item and received second order before first order. Never will use FedEx for shipping when Im.in charge.

4. Member
    You do realize those scans are not actual scans of the package. USPS uses computer generated scans
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    i sent letter to michigan----Took 16 days to get there
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    You do realize those scans are not actual scans of the package. USPS uses computer generated scans
    You’re gonna have to explain that to me. Here’s how I see it:

A. Package has traveled through the same facilities multiple times (and made a trip out west for some reason)

Or

B. Post office has no idea where it is and is just making stuff up (as alluded to in my first post)
    Last edited by adchunts; 04-02-2023 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    You’re gonna have to explain that to me. Here’s how I see it:

A. Package has traveled through the same facilities multiple times (and made a trip out west for some reason)

Or

B. Post office has no idea where it is and is just making stuff up (as alluded to in my first post)
    The computer generated scans are scans that are automatically posted. The scans that say "In Transit" and "Arrived at Facility" are computer generated. When they load a pallet of mail onto a trailer, the pallet has a scan tag. Your package is in that pallet. That tag is scanned when it's loaded and unloaded from the truck. That's where the "In transit to next Facility" and "Arrived at the Facility" are generated.

BTW, I told you previously why it went to AZ. It is in my previous post.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by adchunts View Post
    New update!! Back in Little Rock…

Aaron,

I did some checking. So I don't know exactly because it doesn't say, I think the office in Russellville is a distribution point. SO from Little Rock it goes there, then out to Barling. What I think is happening is some idiot in Russellville is sending it back to Little Rock because they don't know where Barling is or some sort of stupid reason.
    Anyway, here's the phone # for Russellville 479-968-4112. Call them and give them the tracking #. The intranet (yes spelled right ) that they track it on tells them whether the scan was actual, (by a person) or computer generated.

FYI, I worked for USPS for 37 +. yrs. When I worked at Logan Airport, I tracked packages down all over the world for customers if they had a tracking number.

9. #FRB
    As long as humans are involved and being worked like rented pack mules (and some just plain lazy) mistakes will happen. Just have to be patient and order far enough in advance that mistakes can be made without putting you out. I work in a rather large line of work that everyone depends on and have to explain to people all the time that we're doing our best to get product available for purchase but thanks to short staffing we can't always be on point. Sadly, most people think we have an unlimited supply of workers but corporate won't let that happen. The big problem is QUALITY workers are nearly impossible to find. It's sad when I can do the work of 2-3 "normal" workers without even trying.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

They are not govt employees. USPS is a private entity. Post Office General is a gov't position, but USPS is not run by the Govt.

11. Member
    I have a pkg coming from Alabama and it is in Hawaii. I'm in Ca

It is almost insane how good USPS is from the MB warehouse to my house. I get a lot of packages from there and it's pretty well automatic that I will have it in 2-3 days no matter what. That route must have some good employees on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drahts View Post
    They are not govt employees. USPS is a private entity. Post Office General is a gov't position, but USPS is not run by the Govt.
    It's not private it is Federal. They took away the cabinet seat from the Postmaster General in 1970 or so and created a 3 member committee headed by the Postmaster General. Still run by the Gov't.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    It's not private it is Federal. They took away the cabinet seat from the Postmaster General in 1970 or so and created a 3 member committee headed by the Postmaster General. Still run by the Gov't.
    It is a quasi government agency. It is regulated, not run by the government. In 28 days will mark my 42nd year (also my retirement day) and in that time I have never seen anyone from the government in any office I have ever worked.

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    It is a quasi government agency. It is regulated, not run by the government. In 28 days will mark my 42nd year (also my retirement day) and in that time I have never seen anyone from the government in any office I have ever worked.
    Congrats

May I remind you that FERS stands for Federal Employee Retirement System.

16. Member
    USPS to Canada has always been great for me at least. Now UPS on the other hand is a mess and they always throw on the brokers crap. I have no complaints with USPS so far
    Risen From The Ashes!!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Congrats

May I remind you that FERS stands for Federal Employee Retirement System.
    Not me, I fall under CSRS.

Quote Originally Posted by jerzia View Post
    Not me, I fall under CSRS.
    You're one of the last ones. I've been out 17 yrs

19. Member
    I ordered some replacement lenses for some oakleys on 3/27. The only status so far is label created and shipment received o. 3/27. No updates at all.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

20. Member
    I try my best not to use them. Russell marine shipment arrived Friday, but I didn't get it....instead I got a piece of paper in my mailbox saying "sorry we missed you"...I flew to the post office and ripped their ass for the umteenth time. They blamed it on a substitute driver.....again. I refused their excuse. I paid good money foe DELIVERY not a messaging service!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast