Thread: Kill switch

Kill switch

Different than what I’ve seen. My kill switch can be flipped to the on position without the kill lanyard hooked up. Are all caymas like this? My previous boat the lanyard had to be on the switch. 2022

2. Member
    Hmmm. Every boat I’ve owned could be flipped to on without the lanyard hooked up. I would have been surprised if my caymas wouldn’t have done that. But yes, mine can be flipped to on without it in.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ch View Post
    Hmmm. Every boat I’ve owned could be flipped to on without the lanyard hooked up. I would have been surprised if my caymas wouldn’t have done that. But yes, mine can be flipped to on without it in.
    This^^^^^

4. Member
    Some of the older boats hooked to the switch or had a little button that you kill lanyard would press in to start. All the boats use like talking about above now though.

Think it’s a mercury thing, the Yamaha and Evinrude I had the lanyard had to be connected but both Mercury’s just had a switch the loop in the lanyard went over.

6. Member
    This is so the engine can be started and your buddy hopefully comes back to get you if you are ejected while driving and take the lanyard with you.