Thread: Avx 181

Avx 181

Looking for some feedback from avx 181 owners. What do you like about the boat? What don’t you like? Found one near me with a 60 hp 4-stroke merc that’s pretty much mint and thinking about making an offer.

I have a 2021 AVX181 that I have had for 1 season. With the 60 Merc CT it runs 30-33 mph and the ride is really nice. I like the front deck fishibility and stability. I haven’t found much yet that I don’t like other than in rougher water it can be a wet ride. If you have specific questions please feel free to message me. I definitely don’t regret my purchase and really enjoy the boat.
    2021 Vexus AVX 181, Mercury 60CT 4S, MK Ultrex, HB Helix 7 MSI and MDI

3. Member
    I fish from a 2022 181 and really enjoy the boat. No major dislikes or problems. I have the 75 Mercury four stroke that performs great and uses very little fuel. I have a review of my boat posted under the this forum if you would like to check it out. 2022Vexus 181 by Dan Hobby. Do

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos92 View Post
    I have a 2021 AVX181 that I have had for 1 season. With the 60 Merc CT it runs 30-33 mph and the ride is really nice. I like the front deck fishibility and stability. I haven’t found much yet that I don’t like other than in rougher water it can be a wet ride. If you have specific questions please feel free to message me. I definitely don’t regret my purchase and really enjoy the boat.
    How rough of water are we talking? I don’t have a lot of big lakes near me, but a few can get a small chop due to boat wakes and such.

5. Member
    I fish at lake Guntersville several times a year. The wind can create choppy conditions and some higher wave actions unexpectedly at times. I have never felt unsafe in this boat regardless of conditions. The only times I have gotten a spray or wet is from driving into a stronger crosswind or hitting the wind head on. If the wind is blowing really hard, I stay out of the main channel and run as close to the shore line as possible. Still at times you do get wet from water spray or hitting a bigger wave. The design and construction of this boat is why I chose this model, but it’s not a fiberglass boat.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 by 3 View Post
    How rough of water are we talking? I don’t have a lot of big lakes near me, but a few can get a small chop due to boat wakes and such.
    It's not generally a problem but on a few occasions a storm blew in or the wind kicked up and I had to go back to the ramp into the wind. I am also a newer boater so that may have something to do with it as well. Never felt unsafe, just got wet a few times. Love the boat though. Spent a lot of time in it last season and can't wait to get back out soon. Good luck on your decision, I have not regretted mine!
    2021 Vexus AVX 181, Mercury 60CT 4S, MK Ultrex, HB Helix 7 MSI and MDI

7. Member
    I have a 181.

It’s my first boat but have fished from all my buddy’s boats for years from glass 100 grand ranger to beater glass boats to tin tritons and crestliners and river jet boats.

I ended up with the 181 cause it’s my first and was scared to go up to a 1880 like my buddy. Do I wish I did? Sometimes cause it’s deff a more comfortable riding boat but my 181 is also fine. In rougher water when I turn u get wet. Thats the biggest problem. I have the 75 merc. I run usually 30 more with my buddy or kid in there with me which is fine. I get scared to death when I’m in my buddy’s glass boat and he is running 60 plus. Scares me I’ll admit it.

I have the center coglovebox. Love it for casting and moving around boat. I have the poly floor. Looking for a sea deck similiar installer in my area this summer. Poly deck is loud obviously. Bit nice.

I have a 12 helix up front with an ultrex and now target lock live view. Still plenty of casting space.

Wuality of the boat is awesome. All my buddy’s thing so especially my buddy with the triton Tin boat.