Need some new egg beaters!

I’m in need of some new egg beaters (i.e spinning reels lol ) i mainly fish largemouth but with the increased smallmouth where i live because the bucket barraged pretty much keep every largemouth they catch. Last spinning reels i bought were Sustains the previous models. With the availability of shimano being hard to find in southern Ontario. Been looking at the Daiwa how are they in the 3000 size? The last Daiwa spinning reel i bought was a Steez years ago so that’s tells you how much i love spinning rods lol. Thanks for the help!

2. Member
    How much are you looking to spend? The ballistic and tatula MQ reels in the 3000 size are perfect bass reels. Very high quality and don't break the bank.

3. Member
    Probably nothing over 300 at most because i think after 300 not really gaining a whole lot other then in weight of the reel

4. Member
    Daiwa Tatula gets my vote. Be aware that the new sizing (probably starting about 5 years ago) is a bit different compared to the older models. The new 3000 size is like the old 2500, the 4000 now is like the old 3000. I use 3000 for a 7'0" or shorter rod, anything longer than that I go with the 4000.

Daiwa BG MQ 2500. Smooth as silk.

A 2500 Daiwa is comparable to a 3000 Shimano. That's the size I fish.

6. Member
    Agree with the above. Daiwa Tatula or Ballistic are both very light, and very nice. The Ballistic is on sale right now at Cabelas for 255 Canadian.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somerdink View Post
    Probably nothing over 300 at most because i think after 300 not really gaining a whole lot other then in weight of the reel
    Import a JDM Certate 2500/3000 and don't look back.

Just got a Ballistic MQ LT... nice reel for the price

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    Import a JDM Certate 2500/3000 and don't look back.

I completely agree with this.

Also, don’t underestimate how much better a reel over $300 is.

10. Member
    I have a tatula 3000 that gets the job done. Seems like a solid reel, but like you I’m not a big spinning reel guy. Any technique I’d use for casting on a spinning reel I now use a Curado bfs for so that’s something to look into. However with techniques where you need to drop straight down on fish a spinning reel is far superior.

11. Member
    Hard to beat the new Tatula MQ LT reels just released. It is loaded with Daiwa tech for the price point, is incredibly smooth in the hand (feels like a Daiwa Kage MQ, which I have four of, and they are indestructible). And the color scheme is neutral, ie no red, no blue, just black and silver, which seems to be a rarity these days. If you don't mind colors, the Daiwa Procyon MQ LT is also a REALLY nice reel. Has the MQ frame, but also comes with the long cast spool. Very smooth rugged reel. Lastly, I think you can find some FANTASTIC deals on the Tatula LT series. Rumor is they are being discontinued, BUT they are made with the Zaion material, not the Zaion V material which is not a rigid/strong as the other original Zaion material (Certate made from Zaion material).

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MainelySmallmouth View Post
    (Certate made from Zaion material).
    Certate is an aluminum monocoque body. Probably the most solid, refined spinner on the market, and I'm including Exist/Stellas. Just an incredible value for what you get if you don't mind a little more weight in your hand.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reason162 View Post
    Certate is an aluminum monocoque body. Probably the most solid, refined spinner on the market, and I'm including Exist/Stellas. Just an incredible value for what you get if you don't mind a little more weight in your hand.
    19 Certate LT are incredible reels indeed. I own two of them. I speculate there is a reason why we haven't seen a new Certate...so hard to beat the current offering at a comparable cost/price even from Daiwa

14. Member
    I have two 3000 size certates and a ballistic and a tatula for drop shooting. The certates are simply a step up from the other two. They are on a whole other level.

15. Member
    The Certate is an aluminum, one piece body, and is as rock solid as they come. The Exist is just as solid, using a solid magnesium body, but does so at almost 2 ounces less. An imported JDM Certate is about $300 bucks - a no brainer.
    Last edited by JJohnSind; 04-03-2023 at 01:47 PM.

16. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by StymoDe View Post
    19 Certate LT are incredible reels indeed. I own two of them. I speculate there is a reason why we haven't seen a new Certate...so hard to beat the current offering at a comparable cost/price even from Daiwa
    This ^^^^^. Close your eyes and it feels like the absolute top-of-the-line offerings that are more than 2x the money....
    Steve