Livewell question

I did a trailering tournament recently and once I trailered my boat and drove to weigh in, all the water was gone from my livewell!
    I had the valve selector on recirculate and the switch to constant on. Is there any reason I should have lost all my water in this setting or do I have a bigger problem?

Thanks
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

2. Member
    Was the pump out valve on? Or the valve/switch is misaligned?
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zaprod71 View Post
    Was the pump out valve on? Or the valve/switch is misaligned?
    No sir, It was just as It was while on the water.

I’m going to try putting It on auto today because I have to trailer to weigh in again. Hope It holds!

4. Member
    I guess I just didn’t have the valve over enough or something because It was just fine today. Who knows.

5. Member
    I had that same issue on a 2019 model 2080 that I use to own. It could have been me not having the valve position correct but to be certain, I kept a plug in the livewell and would simply plug it up if I needed to keep water while trailering.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug Pro View Post
    I had that same issue on a 2019 model 2080 that I use to own. It could have been me not having the valve position correct but to be certain, I kept a plug in the livewell and would simply plug it up if I needed to keep water while trailering.
    That’s a great idea. My livewell drain is large thing in the middle with a wire filter type thing over the top. Is there a way to plug that?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    That’s a great idea. My livewell drain is large thing in the middle with a wire filter type thing over the top. Is there a way to plug that?
    Yes, just unscrew the wire mesh livewell drain cover and insert proper size drain plug.

8. Member
    Sweet

9. Member
    My livewell control valve just cracked. And the actuator dial broke too. Took a while to figure out what to do, water kept leaking into the bilge pretty heavily.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

10. Member
    My livewell control valve just cracked. And the actuator dial broke too. Took a while to figure out what to do, water kept leaking into the bilge pretty heavily.
    I suspect I have this same issue, but haven't confirmed it yet. How exactly did you figure out what was going on and how did you resolve?

And how do you get to it?
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

12. Member
    My bilge kicked on once I turned it off from recirc to fill. I removed the "false floor" over the bilge area and it is pretty easy to see. Then I ran the pump and could see water spraying from the "built in elbow" It would also leak when the pumps did not run. I pumped the water out of the bilge and livewell and put the system on recirc and was good for the rest of the week until I could get home.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance