New uhd 93sv question.

My buddy just bought a new uhd93sv. I have had mine a couple of years. He told me he has 2 cat 5 cable connections on the back of his new unit. I was just wondering about this second port. I had to add a box to link my 2 units together. Can you now just run a cat 5 cable between the 2 units and eliminate the additional box to link the two?

2. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    I'm not sure. I just bought a new one a few weeks ago that has only one. Maybe its a series upgrade and why we started seeing the 93's have so many good sales.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The 93's only have 1 network port (cat5). You have power, transducer, network, N2K ports, that's it. Even the new UHD2 unit has only 1 network port.

To the OP, if its just 2 93sv units, all you need is the network cable. If you have any other unit or Livescope then the box will be required.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    IMG_20230331_113731256.jpgThis is the back of the unit he just purchased uhd93sv. This is text he sent and it has 2 cat 5 connections. My uhd93sv only has 1 and I was skeptical until he sent me this pic. Just curious as to what is for.

5. Member
    Sorry guys he now tells me he has a uhd106sv. He was a little confused. So what is the other network port for? Does he still need the go between box so he can see livescope on both units?

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    They are the same network ports. He has 2 instead of 1. Can use either one for networking. There are not enough details on what all he has but from what i gather on your post, he has 2 head units and Livescope. If that is all then no network hub needed. He would connect the Livescope box to one port and the 2 unit to the other port. That's it.

7. Member
    Right now he has a uhd106sv and a livescope transducer. He will be using that soon. He was curious as to what he will need to install a second screen and to have livescope on both.

8. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I understand what he wants to do but you never mentioned what the other unit will be.....also, what is the configuration of the units??

9. Member
    Right now he has uhd106sv in front of boat with livescope transducer on trolling motor. He would like to add another screen to the steering area and be able to see livescope data on that screen as well. He will have regular transducer in the front for down and side imaging and another transducer at the rear of the boat for the rear screen. If he installs a uhd93sv at the rear can he just have a cat 5 cable going from the uhd106sv that has 2 network ports to the 93sv and see the livescope image? Or does he have to have a networking box that splits the signal?

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Yes, just a network cable from the 93 to the 106 and other port will be for the Livescope. With that said it will share sonar to both units.