Looky what I found...

So, rumaging around in my Live 12 boxes to see if I had any power cords as I am planning to redo some bow wiring soon, I ran across a brand spanking new 3n1 transducer in one of the boxes. I guess I forgot I had it, since I use 3DSS. Got to thinking, maybe I mount it up on the other side of the jackplate, so I would have both available - could use 3DSS for wider range, 3D, etc and use the 3n1 for closer range, faster scroll speed, 855kz for nicer images at closer ranges, etc. And, worst case, would have a backup in case I have issues/damage one of them.

Would be simple enought to install, just run the cable up and connect to my 2nd Live at the console. Any reason not to? Assuming I use it at 855 and the 3DSS at 455 should not be any interferance, but even so I could alway stop sonar on the one not being used of course.

2. Member
    My 3-1 works best on 455, 800 is meh. I still have my lss1 mounted on my JP and the 3-1 is mounted a few inches over, works fine. Honestly don’t think the 3-1 is any better than my lss1 was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass in the grass View Post
    My 3-1 works best on 455, 800 is meh. I still have my lss1 mounted on my JP and the 3-1 is mounted a few inches over, works fine. Honestly don’t think the 3-1 is any better than my lss1 was.
    Interesting, that's suprising as the LSS1 is what, 2 or maybe 3 generations behind the AI 3n1? Still, I think getting a faster scroll speed option, and nice to have a backup as well. I'll probably do it, otherwise it's just sitting in a box lol.

4. Member
    Can’t hurt to try it.