Technically Challenged

At the bow I have a gen 1 HDS 7 and at the helm I have an Elite t12 12. They both have ethernet ports. If I ran a cable to both will I be able to share waypoints.

2. Member
    Yes, make sure both units have latest software. Only shares if they are both powered on.

3. Member
    Your Elite Ti does not have ethernet, but it does have NMEA2000. And yes, new waypoints can be shared with NMEA2000 as long as both units are on when the waypoint is entered.

4. Member
    NMEA2000. From what i've read. On my setup...a T for power, a T to the front HDS unit, a T to the helm Elite unit, a male and a female end cap, a 3' cable for the Elite, a 10' cable for the front. "does the power unit that goes to the last T (tucked under the helm) also need a cable ?

5. Member
    And does having the front unit on, with the transducer out of the water while under power do any damage to the trolling mtr transducer ?

6. Member
    Get a NEMA starter kit, it should have everything you need for 2 units, T's, terminators, power drop for 12V.
    Lowrance NMEA 2000 Starter Kit | Bass Pro Shops

Quote Originally Posted by almostakeeper View Post
    And does having the front unit on, with the transducer out of the water while under power do any damage to the trolling mtr transducer ?
    It can over time, use the "stop sonar" feature on your unit to keep it from pinging when out of the water.

7. Member
    Update. I laid the nmea 2000 on deck to the two units, temporary power, put the chart up on both, same general area, put a waypoint on the helm unit and a waypoint instantly appeared on the exact spot on the bow unit. Perfect

Now for the wiring, correct me if I'm off base here.

12/2 tinned from the battery to a fuse box under the helm. A 10 amp fuse holder at the battery. a 5 amp fuse at the fuse
    box for the two units and the nmea back bone also mounted under the helm. a 14/2 tinned wire from the fuse box to the bow unit.

Your Elite ti2 has an Ethernet port?

I thought waypoints on Elites were shared via WiFi rather than NMEA, but maybe I’m wrong because I had both WiFi and NMEA on my elites.
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDiagMan View Post
    Your Elite ti2 has an Ethernet port?

I thought waypoints on Elites were shared via WiFi rather than NMEA, but maybe I’m wrong because I had both WiFi and NMEA on my elites.

TI1 and 2 does not have Ethernet. Only Elite FS has one port ENet, TI 2 is done with WIFI