High End Silent Walk the Dog Baits?

I know Megabass made a Dog-X Dinamite Silent that is supposed to be good. I am looking for some others out there and would really like some that are on the smaller more finnesse side as well. Let me know what you all like. Thanks!

2. Member
    I have several higher priced top waters but catch a lot of fish on a spook, spook Jr. and puppy.

3. Member
    It's high end because it's so difficult to find but one of the silent topwater baits that I really like is the Zell Rowland 3 hook Spook. It's smaller than the regular spook with three rotating hooks, not on hook hangers. No sound at all.

Evergreen JT 115 is what you want.
    0G886873 Mercury Serial Number
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera III with 200 Merc

The Evergreen JT 115 is the only one I've ever used, so that was going to be my suggestion. Not exactly finesse, though. There are some poppers out there that walk really well, though that doesn't get you the glide. The Berkley Drift Walker is a really good finesse walking bait. It does have a little bit of rattle to it but it's very subtle.

One thing I've done with some success in the past is to drill into the rattle chamber on rattling baits and put some super glue into the hole. Smaller holes are better as they're easier to seal up. Shake the rattles around to coat them in glue, then let it dry which will lock them into place.

Just be careful if you do this! Something I learned the hard way is that you have to be really intentional about how you position the bait as you wait for the glue to dry. On a walking bait, I think it's best to either hang or hold the bait bait nose up so that the BBs roll toward the rear of the bait. That makes it cast a lot better, and more importantly, makes it sit tail down in the water so it walks really well. If you just lay it on its side or something while it dries, the BBs will end up making the bait run off kilter depending on how they decide to orient themselves.

This process is a lot easier if you have a transparent version of the bait so you can see where you need to drill to hit the rattle chamber. Then you can either use 5 minute epoxy or a baking soda/super glue mixture to seal the hole back up. The latter is the quickest way to do it: Just sprinkle dab some super glue on the hole, then rub a little bit of baking soda over it. It'll dry rock hard and seals surprisingly well.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

6. Member
    Evergreen yes

7. Member
    Why not the 95 ????

I remember some years back Lucky Craft released a wooden version of the Sammy 100. It didn’t cast as great as the plastic Sammy 115 but it was silent and walked the dog pretty well. The Evergreen JT115 is a great bait too. Like Drew said, it is probably too big to be considered finesse, but it walks great.

9. Member
    For super spooks with the knocker in the back of the bait I have silenced them by drilling a hole and adding epoxy but hot glue gun glue would also work and is lighter

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    The Evergreen JT 115 is the only one I've ever used, so that was going to be my suggestion. Not exactly finesse, though. There are some poppers out there that walk really well, though that doesn't get you the glide. The Berkley Drift Walker is a really good finesse walking bait. It does have a little bit of rattle to it but it's very subtle.

One thing I've done with some success in the past is to drill into the rattle chamber on rattling baits and put some super glue into the hole. Smaller holes are better as they're easier to seal up. Shake the rattles around to coat them in glue, then let it dry which will lock them into place.

Just be careful if you do this! Something I learned the hard way is that you have to be really intentional about how you position the bait as you wait for the glue to dry. On a walking bait, I think it's best to either hang or hold the bait bait nose up so that the BBs roll toward the rear of the bait. That makes it cast a lot better, and more importantly, makes it sit tail down in the water so it walks really well. If you just lay it on its side or something while it dries, the BBs will end up making the bait run off kilter depending on how they decide to orient themselves.

This process is a lot easier if you have a transparent version of the bait so you can see where you need to drill to hit the rattle chamber. Then you can either use 5 minute epoxy or a baking soda/super glue mixture to seal the hole back up. The latter is the quickest way to do it: Just sprinkle dab some super glue on the hole, then rub a little bit of baking soda over it. It'll dry rock hard and seals surprisingly well.

Ahh great suggestion I didn't think about doing that. I have a few Jackall Bowsticks that I love that I was able to get my hands on to replace all the ones that were stolen from my boat. I'd like to give it a try but would hate to ruin one but I do have a translucent one I could try on. Is there a specific glue you like to use to plug the hole back up? Thanks!

11. Member
    Those Evergreen JT's look like the ticket. I like the looks of the 95 & 115. Thanks for the suggestion everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    Ahh great suggestion I didn't think about doing that. I have a few Jackall Bowsticks that I love that I was able to get my hands on to replace all the ones that were stolen from my boat. I'd like to give it a try but would hate to ruin one but I do have a translucent one I could try on. Is there a specific glue you like to use to plug the hole back up? Thanks!
    The Loctite Gel that comes in the gray (maybe black?) container with the blue squeeze tabs on the side is all I ever buy since it will usually last a season in the boat without hardening up, and it's not runny like most of the other stuff on the market. Having it stay where you put it is really great for most uses in fishing. Since it's what I have on hand, it's what I've always used for this as well.

In an ideal world you'd maybe want something more runny to squeeze into the drilled hole so it will coat the rattles more thoroughly, then use the gel to mix with baking soda when sealing it up. I've never tried that to say for sure, though. What I can say is that just using the gel for the whole job will work. I think I have had 1 rattle come loose after fishing the bait for a while out of the 5 or so baits that I've drilled out, and it was a bait that had smaller BBs as opposed to the larger or one-knocker type rattles. It would've been easy enough to redrill and reglue, I just never did it.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34