Boat Help Tr-19 2000

Does anybody know of a good website or video thread that has some good basic boat tips? Want to check bilge pumps and the other pumps and replace if needed, but can't find any info on where stuff is located or how to do any of it.

2. Member
    I have that same year and model boat. The original pumps are no longer made so if yours need replacement do them all at the same time and switch to cartridge type ones. There is also 2 bilge pumps, 1 auto and one manual. They are all located in the rear bilge area behind a couple panels. You will likely need to remove the battery charger, the oil tank then one panel flips up (not far enough to allow easy access though ) and the other panel has 2 screws holding it in place. This will not be an easy job if you decide to do all the pumps in there. Like a full day maybe even a couple because you need to change fittings, reseal hoses and all that. If you have a local circus I suggest you go see if they have a contortionist and hire them for the day because you will spend the whole time bent over like a dog fu$&@ng a football and hanging upside down. Wish I had better news for you on that but back in the day they didn't design these boats for ease of maintenance back there

3. Member
    Oh thats super good news.

4. Member
    fishmaster has it right. Working in the bilge is a task. I went through mine this past winter to replace the float switch for the auto bilge, repair two grounds and replace 2 cracked fittings that were leaking. When you first dig into it, there's a lot going on in there. Two wires for every pump, plus the float switch and then all the plumbing. Get a good light so you can see. Slow down and catch your breath. I did one thing at a time so as not to lose myself.

5. Member
    Boating ownership is fun

6. Member
    i have a 99 tr19, i just had to change both bilge pumps, a livewell pump and a livewell aerator. super fun being a fat guy trying to get down in there lol.

7. Member
    My recommendation is change all the pumps while you have everything out. And change to the cartridge style pumps. I started using automotive type plugs with gaskets on mine so if I had to change them again in the future I wouldn’t have to cut the harness again.