AT2 - no click/pinging noise from module and no image.

Testing out my AT2 today, I think I may have a dud. I’ve gone through the no-source workarounds and I still can’t get an image to display with a sonar array. All indicator lights on module are lit, it shows the source is detected on the graph, stop sonar works and no source will indicate when module turned off, yet no sonar image displays. There’s no clicking/pinging sound from the module like AT1. I have my AT1 for comparison. When firing it up I get the telltale clicking sound from the module and a standard image appears on the graph.

I tried running the AT2 ducer through the AT1 module, and I get an image on screen and hear the clicking sound. When AT2 ducer and module are connected, there’s no clicking sound. The image displayed is the standard ranges and direction icon. No indication of any sonar array. Testing it in a water bucket.

Is this normal? Is the AT2 module silent and do I just need to test it in deeper water? I’d hate to drive 30 miles to confirm it’s a dud on the water.

Thanks

2. Member
    Put it in the water. Nothing you can diagnose until you see it under water.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    Got it figured out. I was using the old AT power cord. While identical, I had the blue accessory wire hooked up. AT2 instructions say do not use the blue wire unless using dual view systems. It’s pinging as it should now.

4. Member
    There is no noise from the module, You have to put your ear right next to the transducer to hear it its not very loud. When you use an AT1 module you will get appox 10% degrad in image over the AT2 Module. Test it on the water the only real way to do it. The Blue wire is not used on the AT 1 either. It is used on AT2 for syncing Transducers for Zero Cross talk when using 2 AT 2s.
    Last edited by Basshopper; 03-30-2023 at 12:14 AM.