New to Basscat need prop advice

Got my first Basscat last year . A 2013 puma FTD single console . Merc 250 pro xs. AGM starter battery 2 lithiums for troller. I do have a lot of tackle in the front compartments as well as 2 graphs up front and a Garmin force . 8” factory slidemaster JP . Set at 3” p2p . Got a croxton B&B Bravo 1XS 25 pitch wheel on it . Holeshot is great top end 73 . Boat will not lift the bow out of the water at all until 50 mph and above . I can’t get it to pop up at 35 for cruising no matter how much trim . It just drags the nose . Is this normal for a cat or do I need more tip cup on my wheel ?

No bass boat will lift well at lower speeds, the faster go the more lift you will get
    Last edited by lpugh; 03-29-2023 at 08:56 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Lower the plate. I have a Cougar that I switched to Lithiums and was having the same problem. Lost a lot of bow lift and our hulls are the same. Top cap is different only. It’s what BassCat recommended and it’s money.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

4. Member
    I tried lowering the plate back to 3.5 p2p and it didn’t help much with lift but I couldn’t get rpm’s over 5600

I’m running a 26 Fury worked by Mr. Gilbert, no poles, Fortrex, three lithiums, two graphs so relatively light. 250 ProXS. Jumps out of hole and saw 75 gps first run after lowering plate and switching to lithiums. I haven’t worked with it though with the manual slide master and not sure I will as I like the bow lift now.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

Quote Originally Posted by BullShoalsbasser View Post
    I tried lowering the plate back to 3.5 p2p and it didn’t help much with lift but I couldn’t get rpm’s over 5600
    Make sure you are getting full throttle and have checked out.
    That prop should ne getting you over 6k, my 02 Couger gets 6100 with a 26 Bravo though a 25 Fury is much faster 76 Plus
    Thank You Leon Pugh

My cougar FTD (2004 model) was like this as well as my 2014 Pantera 4 when running fury 3 blades. Switching to fury 4 blades improved mid range lift a good bit. Neither would lift as good as they do WOT (I have never been in a bass boat that does) but the fury 4 blade is what I ran all the time as it had the best mid range lift and great holeshot. Was also only 1-2 mph slower than the fury 3 blades. I did try Bravos on both boats and didn’t see much mud range difference over the fury 3 blades except improved tight cornering abilities.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

8. Member
    Had a 2017/2018 Puma w/ your same motor. Ran a Gilbert worked 26 Fury. I had a hydraulic JP and I don't have the best memory, but I think it ran best around 3 1/8". I tried from 2.75-3.5". Should’ve never sold that boat. It was a runner. Best was 81.4 going fishing, but holeshot was never better than decent and I never thought it lifted in the mid range speeds. It ran great midrange - just wasn’t what I was used to. I was told by a long time BassCat owner I trust a lot to not use trim until it got completely on plane and then bump it up in small increments. He said it runs faster like that and I couldn’t argue with what I was seeing. Wouldn’t get a light feeling until about 72. I really loved that boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by barbarian; 03-30-2023 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Make sure you are getting full throttle and have checked out.
    That prop should ne getting you over 6k, my 02 Couger gets 6100 with a 26 Bravo though a 25 Fury is much faster 76 Plus
    Was going to say the same thing.
    I run a 26p Bravo 1xs and lifts fine and I have 4 Lead acid battries dual power poles garmin force and singel 12 graphs and a ton of tackle up front as my boat has no rear storage.
    That 25 should put you on the limiter pretty easy I would think

10. Member
    07 cougar with mercury 250 pro XS4 lead batteries 1-12’ foot talon
    fastest props in order hydromotive quad 4 25, 27 pitch tempest, 26.5 bravo one xs best all-around prop,
    26. Hydromotives quad 4, 25 high-five