LVS34 and perspective mode

I’m new to Livescope. Never used it and never saw it except for on TV and YouTube. All the videos on YouTube about perspective mode is what caught my eye the most. I recently got rid of my ultrex with mega 360 and got a Force trolling motor. So far a smart move. So much more power, quieter, less battery usage, and just an overall better looking set up in my opinion. I elected not to put the 360 on my Force. I don’t know I just didn’t like the way it was going to look. I wanted to get the LVS34 and use it as at least a half ass replacement for my 360. My buddy just got livescope and he’s telling me that when in perspective mode you can’t lift your trolling motor up when moving from spot to spot. Can anyone tell me about that? If I have my transducer in perspective mode can I lift up my Force and lock it down to go from spot to spot with the outboard? If not is it something you can change easily on the fly before locking the motor down and also change before dropping it down to fish?

Never heard of that

I can have mine in any position including perspective and still stow the motor

Now the transducer does come close to the mount when stowed and I worry about it bouncing and hitting the mount so I glued a piece of foam to the mount for it to rest on while stowed in the perspective position

Your buddy might have his transducer mounted to high on the shaft and it hits one of his graphs when stowed

NOTE I still have the 32 and maybe the 34 is that much bigger but I think people would have been complaining about that for a while now
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Well that’s good to know. If I had to mess with that every time I wanted to raise or lower the trolling motor I just wasn’t going to get it.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisbassfishin View Post
    Well that’s good to know. If I had to mess with that every time I wanted to raise or lower the trolling motor I just wasn’t going to get it.
    If it's oriented correctly on the trolling motor it shouldn't be an issue.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    He is correct - he just worded it horribly. You cannot move from spot to spot in either perspective, forward or down mode as when you lift the Livescope Transducer out of the water (attached to your trolling motor) it will overheat in about 15-20 mins in 90 degree heat. The way around this is just to to the Livescope Settings and turn transmit to OFF. Sleep on your display does not turn off the livescope unit, transmit does.

You can leave your display on and soon as you deploy the trolling motor, turn Transmit back to ON and you are good to go. If you do forget to turn off transmit and it does overheat, a few minutes at you spot will cool it back down.

Oddly, I have never seen it overheat and I fish in water that is usually 90-100 degrees (it's a nuclear power plant cooling lake).

Some light reading:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...bZ0vvmLNSAZ3PA

I don't believe this to be true. Mine never even gets warm. Had LS and Panoptix since gen1. Now my 106SV display you can fry an egg on.

But this has nothing to do with what he is asking anyway ;)

Quote Originally Posted by HenryPF View Post
    He is correct - he just worded it horribly. You cannot move from spot to spot in either perspective, forward or down mode as when you lift the Livescope Transducer out of the water (attached to your trolling motor) it will overheat in about 15-20 mins in 90 degree heat. The way around this is just to to the Livescope Settings and turn transmit to OFF. Sleep on your display does not turn off the livescope unit, transmit does.

You can leave your display on and soon as you deploy the trolling motor, turn Transmit back to ON and you are good to go. If you do forget to turn off transmit and it does overheat, a few minutes at you spot will cool it back down.

Oddly, I have never seen it overheat and I fish in water that is usually 90-100 degrees (it's a nuclear power plant cooling lake).

Some light reading:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?fa...bZ0vvmLNSAZ3PA