Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

House moving.....Unbelievable what they can do!

We were blessed in selling the old 1966 model house that is on our property in AR. House moving company has finally started their task. It's been a drawn out process due to all the recent rains. They plan to cut this house in half and move each half 35mi east to Lake Dardanelle. It's unbelievable what they can do. Pics attached. I don't even know.....can they move a house with a slab foundation? I wouldn't think so. This one is pier & beam. We're definitely looking forward to our new build....

House Outside Front2.jpg

housemove1.jpg

housemove2.jpghousemove3.jpg

housemove4.jpghousemove5.jpghousemove6.jpghousemove7.jpg
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Wow what a task good for you folks and the folks that will transform it at Lake Dardanelle

3. Member
    Congrats on your excitement for your new build.......I just got done with one and like Bluto told Flounder in Animal House "My advice to you is to start drinking heavily"!

Waiting for someone to say their truck tows it " like it's not even there."
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

5. Member
    cheaper than building a new one???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Been moving houses built on slabs for ever. Shore up the inside with braces,or jack it up 1ft. and build floor joist in place. Someones gona have to deal with the slab they are not moving with the house.

7. Member
    Curious....what does something like that cost?

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    cheaper than building a new one???

Put it this way. It is cheaper than us having to pay our new builder to demo the old house. That was gonna cost $15K. So we sold it on Craigslist, believe it or not, cheap. Indirectly, it’ll save us $40K on the new build. New one will sit right where this one is. Built a new 40X40 shop last year, so this is it for us on moving, building, etc. New house plans are finalized and contract was signed this week. Now, we just gotta get the old bones off the property. This was my wife’s childhood home so a little sentiment for her but not for me. ��

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Poke View Post
    Put it this way. It is cheaper than us having to pay our new builder to demo the old house. That was gonna cost $15K. So we sold it on Craigslist, believe it or not, cheap. Indirectly, it’ll save us $40K on the new build. New one will sit right where this one is. Built a new 40X40 shop last year, so this is it for us on moving, building, etc. New house plans are finalized and contract was signed this week. Now, we just gotta get the old bones off the property. This was my wife’s childhood home so a little sentiment for her but not for me. ��
    Could you have burned it and then just disposed of the remnants? Thinking local Fire Dept. could supervise and use it as a training exercise.

10. HYDRA SPORT LS205 225HO JER-1 BIG BASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    Could you have burned it and then just disposed of the remnants? Thinking local Fire Dept. could supervise and use it as a training exercise.
    They saved 15,000 by not destroying it, sold on Craigslist for 25,000 so they came out ahead , 40,000 grand and applied to there new build. That’s the way I read it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post

Seriously what?
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

12. Member
    I have seen someone move a BRICK home and never lost a brick! They sure can do some amazing things when they know what they are doing!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JER-1 BIG BASS View Post
    They saved 15,000 by not destroying it, sold on Craigslist for 25,000 so they came out ahead , 40,000 grand and applied to there new build. That’s the way I read it.
    That's not how I read it but you may be correct?

14. Member
    We moved one by barge once

15. Member
    Dad and I moved a couple back in the day on our lowboy which we used to haul our heavy equipment. I remember it being quite a challenge and difficult. I am sure the professional house movers have it down to a science nowadays which would make it much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by JER-1 BIG BASS View Post
    You are correct, JER-1. We could have demo'd it ourselves and buried it or burned it in the back of the property. We live in Dallas now and we are only over there every 3 weeks or so. Would have taken forever for me to demo it. Our intentions all along were to start the new build on May 1st. We are officially AR residents on July 1st. Timing is good so far. We have a place to stay across the pond at my BIL/SIL rent house. Builder says 6mo build for new. I'll be ecstatic if were in the house by Dec 31st.

17. Member
    Congrats on the new to be build! That is a pretty ingenious way of saving 40 large. They can really move anything with the right permits and $$$$.

Thanks, all. I told my wife that we would never build a home. After 32 years….well, looks like she won out. I just wish I could be the GC but just can’t do it being 5 hours away. We found us a great builder in Ft Smith, though, that we trust can do the job to anybody’s satisfaction. They will find out I can get quite anal if things go south but after they built a bathroom in our new shop, just completed, I know we found the right builder. We’re excited and nervous all at the same time!

19. Member
    Watched them move an entire town in the 70's. The government moved the town of Nelson, Pa. for construction of the Cowanesque Lake project. People saved a lot by doing that. Congrats on your new build.

20. Member
    GC out of fort smith you say. I wonder if it’s the guy that my cousin works for. The gentleman my cousin works for does a pretty good job. Do you mind saying the name of the GC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast