Thread: Lazer II

Lazer II

I have a question, I broke the shaft on my MG X3 again so it's in the shop. I got out one of my spares to get by, it's a Motor Guide Lazer II wireless. I got it all working but for the life of me I can't remember how to set the auto stow position. When you set the head unit straight forward, the motor wants to stows sideways. There is somewhere info on how to set it up and I can't find it anymore.

Does anyone know how, or have a manual or know where there is a manual I can download. I just can't stand looking up front and the head cocked sideways, OC about that stuff. Thanks in advance..

Holly crap I haven’t thought about the Lazer in a long time
    I don’t have them anymore nor do I have the manual but if I remember right you put it in the position you want as the stow position and unplug the motor
    I could be wrong its been so long
    "The handicapped angler"

3. Member
    Well I tried it twice Mich, didn't do it but I appreciate it. I guess I will have to get used to it until I figure it out.

Sorry bud like I said its been so long

if it was me I would put it in the position you want and try holding the stow button for 5 or 10 seconds (worth a try)

I do know with the motor off you can man handle the motor and force it into what ever position you want
    it has plastic gears and you can feel/hear them clicking as you force it

NOTE you can only get away with this so many times before you have to replace the gears and I doubt you will find them these days so I would use that as a last resort
    "The handicapped angler"